gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 11:19 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Respeck where its due....................
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Respeck where its due....................  (Read 395 times)

nosher70

Respeck where its due....................
« on: May 23, 2012, 08:35 PM »
Hi all,

As there is no feedback area on their own website I would like to take this opportunity to thank CRMO (Of Hitchin, Hertfordshire) on their prompt and wonderful service building my new wheelset.

This was after the "Toymaster store" in Wigan gave me the runaround for 2 and a half weeks. At the time of order (when I gave them £334 of my hard earned cash) they informed me the hub I wanted wasnt in stock so I chose an alternative hub just to get my wheels sorted. Then after I put the phone down the stories began these ranged from they ""didnt have the rear cassette in stock and were waiting for this"" to them ""not having the rims in stock"" blah blah blah.....

So basically they took £300 of my cash and then over the course of a couple of weeks admitted that they had NONE of the components necessary to build my wheels anyway.

Order cancelled, Custom riders called, then 2 days later my wheels arrive. Simples! Job done!!

Thank you to these guys. The epitomy of professionalism.

:)

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
Re: Respeck where its due....................
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 08:39 PM »
 :4_17_5:
BANNED

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 08:46 PM »
Custom riders are tops for building wheels. And also stock loads of stuff. Well worth a visit. One of the original bmx shops and still going strong. Plus it's now run by mason himself after his parents took a back seat. And he is still passionate about bmx as he was when he rode on bmx beat.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 09:03 PM »
Was a regular in Custom Riders BITD, awesome shop then and now!  :4_17_5:

nosher70

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 09:12 PM »
Yup, when I was speaking to them on the phone, I told them what I wanted and they checked the stock. Okay some items werent in stock-at least they were honest about this so I chose alternatives but, with this said, the guy then went and physically got hubs out of boxes to check rear hub against front as sometimes they dont colour match. My 2nd choice (because white wasnt available) was green but the rear was a gloss anodised whereas the front was matt so I made a 3rd choice of blue and was told that this matched and was a light blue. I chose this option. This was attention to detail to say the least.

The wheels were built AND despatched on the same day and arrived 2 days later. Well packed and true with nice and tight spokes.

And a saving of £35 by going with them!!

I have made further purchases in the day since.

Top people, top business.....

and I agree wholeheartedly

:4_17_5:

Oh and Stu, my friend, my Hoffman frame arrived, I paid the £51 customs charges and........the post office website says "payment failed" even though the card statement says it went through. Im just waiting for this problem to be sorted as the frame is all im waiting on!!! GrRrrrrrrrrr I can see an argument happening tomorrow!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 09:14 PM by nosher70 »

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 09:30 PM »
Oh dear. I'm sure it will be sorted out soon.  :(  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Respeck where its due....................

gfxgfx
gfx gfx