gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 06:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Would you give it all up for one ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Would you give it all up for one ?  (Read 2095 times)

elasticbreaker

Re: Would you give it all up for one ?
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2012, 07:28 PM »
Ive just finished thinning out my collection as I eventualy got my grails! 81 Decoster, 82 DB seniour pro.

Trouble was parting with 2 Haro gen 1 freestylers, Nomorea, hutch pro racer, 83 GT pro, 1980 Redline mx111, 83 Kuwi nova, 79 Motomag and Pro class :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2012, 07:46 PM »
Some great answers  :daumenhoch:

and good to see a good mix or yes and No's

keep em coming

no one has said that they don't have a Grail bmx that they would give it all up for

I don't have a grail as i have seen loads of bmx's that i would love to own,  price's at the mo for the top rides, are mostly out of my range and i have to wait for things to turn up in a cheaper way  ::)

but it's nice to not know what will turn up
I could do a list of ride that i could love - but the ride at the mo i have are cool for me

cheers B  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2012, 08:00 PM »
Mmm. Just read the replies and maybe my original Mongoose Cali with my postcode on the BB as well might prise one of my MRD's away....... Bit not my Knightgoose.......

They do turn up - my brother's labourer turned up PeterJ's original Ammaco at a car boot sale and he now has that tucked safely back in his flock so it could happen guys......
Still limping......

Offline oldschoolrb

• Curb Endo
  • im all goosed out
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2012, 08:11 PM »
i think we,v all bin there in the mad moment thinking we need the frame set frome the past and paid more that we can afford for it ! turned to the other half and said , yeah but i can sell the bits of it get a little money back so its not that bad  ;D well ill hold my hand up  ;) we should have a hands up smiley .. i sold a few bikes off and got my grail  :( wish id not come across it now and hate it   :-X  
keep your stash fellow radsters best keep looking for the stars cus not that shinny once you land em  :idiot2:

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2012, 08:37 PM »
Good thought above  ;) :daumenhoch:

spen - sorry rules is rules - one bike for all  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2012, 08:48 PM »
I wouldnt give up mine for 1 special 1 or the "holy grail", im not into the "grail" thing.. its a bit weird if you ask me, because once youve got it another becomes your "grail" and then another and another, so your original "grail " isnt really your "grail" ???
I dont think its greedy having a large collection... its just something to do and enjoy

MickRich393

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2012, 12:15 AM »
Good post!   :daumenhoch:  Bitd I always coveted my friend's Skyway TA, but your tastes change as you get older and now a TA doesn't really do it for me, plus nowadays I see so many great-looking bikes on here and the Museum, that it'd be hard to pick just one.  That said, as I now live in Japan, I might give it all up for a decent Laserlite, though I only have 2 bikes (a Trident and a Haro Gp 1) to give up so that wouldn't be a hard decision.   :)

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2012, 08:25 AM »
I'd sell parts of my collection to fund new ones but I'd never sell the lot for just one bike. I only collect bikes that have had an impact on me as a rider over the years, and I've been riding for far too long for one bike to ever sum up BMX for me. So there would always need to be a few of them in the stable.
***Wanted - Cash waiting***
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

trickydeno

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2012, 09:39 AM »
Never. If it was that rare I probably wouldn't want to ride it. Where's the fun in that? I've ridden every bike I've ever owned and that's the way it will always be. I'd rather have an OS daily rider and a small OS collection that I can ride every now and then.

X 2  :)

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2012, 11:21 AM »
Never. If it was that rare I probably wouldn't want to ride it. Where's the fun in that? I've ridden every bike I've ever owned and that's the way it will always be. I'd rather have an OS daily rider and a small OS collection that I can ride every now and then.

I have ridden every bike I have ever owned no matter how rare, you can actually ride these bikes you know, they were kind of made for it.

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2012, 11:59 AM »
allready got 2 of my grails recently just one more to find so dont need and wont give any up for it, as they will end up becoming  grails themselves if i ever want any of my bikes again

lk_97

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2012, 10:55 AM »
Actually, I still don't think I'd give it all up for one, but I'd probably sell up to get a anniversary condor frame in blue, and then have just one old bike too

Offline Julian347

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2012, 11:30 AM »

I have ridden every bike I have ever owned no matter how rare, you can actually ride these bikes you know, they were kind of made for it.

I know what you mean, but I wouldn't be able to ride it how I wanted to. Don't want to ride so carefully that its no fun.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Would you give it all up for one ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx