gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975644 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 05, 2024, 02:38 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  1994 GT Pro Freestyle Tour ***NOW FINISHED*** (Lots of pics)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 1994 GT Pro Freestyle Tour ***NOW FINISHED*** (Lots of pics)  (Read 56878 times)

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 06:32 PM by kev s »

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
Re: 1994 GT Pro Freestyle Tour (Lots of pics)
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2012, 06:43 PM »
Cheers for the links Kev  :daumenhoch:

Yea they came with 2 clamps but because the guy I bought this off said it came off of a GT performer I just assumed it had the right size clamp.  :'( He obviously wasnt running it correctly. That spare clamp looks like the bigger size one but I will send them a mail and ask. Its worth a shot.
***Wanted - Cash waiting***
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

lk_97

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2012, 07:21 PM »
Are they really that rare/expensive? I have one in really good condition, and it fits my 1988 haro sport, is that the one you're looking for?

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2012, 07:32 PM »
Are they really that rare/expensive? I have one in really good condition, and it fits my 1988 haro sport, is that the one you're looking for?

Yes the 88 Sport and my PFT have the same size down tube. Do you want to sell it? And if so how much?
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

lk_97

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2012, 07:40 PM »

Yes the 88 Sport and my PFT have the same size down tube. Do you want to sell it? And if so how much?

PM sent :daumenhoch:

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2012, 08:17 PM »
A little more progress on the build. Managed to pick up a sealed bearing front hub pretty cheap but an still searching for a rear.

I also managed to get a lay back post and the correct double bolt seat clamp thanks to some Rad Members  :daumenhoch:

I also got this chunk of alloy that Im going to use to machine a spacer for my bash guard.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 08:19 PM by midschooljon »
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2012, 09:52 PM »
cant you find the correct bashguard mounts for it? they did them in 2 sizes

lk_97

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2012, 09:56 PM »

I have one, he said he'll get back to me on whether he wants mine :daumenhoch:

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2012, 09:59 PM »

I dont have enough money for yours unfortunately  :(
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

lk_97

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2012, 10:08 PM »

PM me how much you have, I need a thin down to get some money for an ipad :)

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2012, 10:09 PM »

dont fit one  :LolLolLolLol: the pfts didt come with bash guards only the slammers did  ^"^

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2012, 10:49 PM »

dont fit one  :LolLolLolLol: the pfts didt come with bash guards only the slammers did  ^"^

They werent stock on the bikes but they were featured as an aftermarket accessory in the catalogue, along with the 4 different axle extender options.  ;)
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

nosher70

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2012, 12:16 AM »
Agreeing to the fact that I have never, ever, seen a PFT with a bashguard. Period.

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2012, 08:52 AM »
Agreeing to the fact that I have never, ever, seen a PFT with a bashguard. Period.

A few randoms Google came up with (not all 94's).

Early 90's PFT's were priced silly high, and as the bash was an aftermarket accessory that cost a lot as well people seldom bought both. So you wont see them together often, but the bash guard was designed to be run on the bike, and was sold in the catalogue along side the PFT. But if you ask me thats even more reason to build a PFT with one on...  :4_17_5:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 09:12 AM by midschooljon »
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2012, 10:39 AM »

thats cos GT didnt use the PFT`s for street, the only bikes that were used for street by team riders  were the aggressors from 89-90 which had buillt in bashguards then in 91 the last gt street bike aggressor came with a bolt on bash guard, while the PFT`s were only used for flatland and ramps by the team riders till around 92-93 then PFT became just a ramp bike for GT`s big air shows around 93-94 to 2001, the dyno slammer re-mane as a street bike with a bolt on bashguard till around 96 with the LORD VOELKER tearing sh1t up

(1990 2 slammers designed that year with built in bashguard and bolt on from 91 )

but ye the bashguard was an accessory so you could fit to anything you wanted to basically  :daumenhoch:

dont qoute me on any of this though cos i dont really no much about GT  :-X  
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 10:47 AM by GTNUMBER1 »

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2012, 12:37 PM »
the vertigo had a bashguard fitted in the 1992 catalouge

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 12:39 PM by kev s »

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2012, 01:04 PM »
the vertigo had a bashguard fitted in the 1992 catalouge

thats not a real GT   :LolLolLolLol: and team riders didnt use them, they were only made for us poor kids who couldnt afford a proper GT i,e pft or a slammer,  bit like a poor mans porsche  :)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2012, 02:19 PM »
it was the 'Boxter' of the GT world  ;D

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2012, 03:19 PM »

thats cos GT didnt use the PFT`s for street, the only bikes that were used for street by team riders  were the aggressors from 89-90 which had buillt in bashguards then in 91 the last gt street bike aggressor came with a bolt on bash guard, while the PFT`s were only used for flatland and ramps by the team riders till around 92-93 then PFT became just a ramp bike for GT`s big air shows around 93-94 to 2001, the dyno slammer re-mane as a street bike with a bolt on bashguard till around 96 with the LORD VOELKER tearing sh1t up

The whole PFT for ramp / Slammer for street was purely marketing and didnt really manifest its self in reality. Both bikes had identical geometry, and aside from the cosmetics of the F+F and bars were almost identical. Rob Nolli was a team rider and rode flat and ramp on a Slammer. Nolli was never known as a "street" rider but rode a Slammer in all the GT flat and ramp shows right up until the canned the brand. John Peacy on the other hand was on GT and rode park and street on a PFT. You could haveten see him in the bicycle stunt comps riding all disciplines on his PFT. I think he even won the 93 Stunt Boy series in both street and vert on one. Outside of the GT team (which was essentially just a demo team in any case) more street riders chose to ride PFT's over Slammers as well (If the didnt choose to ride a Homeless, S&M, WAL, or Standard first).

So yes GT did their best to segment the bikes in an effort to justify selling two bikes that were basically identical. In reality though those definitions weren't so clear.  :daumenhoch:
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2012, 03:34 PM »
the gt uk team used them for everything

ian morris-gt pft for street riding, big handrails, dirt jumping aswell as ramp riding

mike canning-dyno slammer vert riding, dirt jumping aswell as street riding

just because a company says a product is for a certain discipline dosent mean it gets used for that

look how many people rode a s&m holmes for street and vert even though it was ment to be a race/dirt jump bike

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2012, 07:08 PM »

The whole PFT for ramp / Slammer for street was purely marketing and didnt really manifest its self in reality. Both bikes had identical geometry, and aside from the cosmetics of the F+F and bars were almost identical. Rob Nolli was a team rider and rode flat and ramp on a Slammer. Nolli was never known as a "street" rider but rode a Slammer in all the GT flat and ramp shows right up until the canned the brand. John Peacy on the other hand was on GT and rode park and street on a PFT. You could haveten see him in the bicycle stunt comps riding all disciplines on his PFT. I think he even won the 93 Stunt Boy series in both street and vert on one. Outside of the GT team (which was essentially just a demo team in any case) more street riders chose to ride PFT's over Slammers as well (If the didnt choose to ride a Homeless, S&M, WAL, or Standard first).

So yes GT did their best to segment the bikes in an effort to justify selling two bikes that were basically identical. In reality though those definitions weren't so clear.  :daumenhoch:

which years are the gt and slammer same geometry cos i got a 90,92 and 94 and they dont seem to be the same as the pfts  :-\

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2012, 07:20 PM »

which years are the gt and slammer same geometry cos i got a 90,92 and 94 and they dont seem to be the same as the pfts  :-\

Sorry about that I should have clarified. Im specifically referring to the 93 and 94 models. Each of those years that shared geometry but obviously not cosmetic looks.
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2012, 07:32 PM »

Sorry about that I should have clarified. Im specifically referring to the 93 and 94 models. Each of those years that shared geometry but obviously not cosmetic looks.

;) :daumenhoch:

Offline Hiro Tonka

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2012, 07:41 PM »
Looking good, love your build fella  :daumenhoch:

got one myself and love it, http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/gt_bicycles/46785

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2012, 09:10 PM »
Looking good, love your build fella  :daumenhoch:

got one myself and love it, http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/gt_bicycles/46785

Thanks for the kind words  :daumenhoch:

yours looks lovely. Ive actually had a look at it a few times on BMX Museum already  ;)
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  1994 GT Pro Freestyle Tour ***NOW FINISHED*** (Lots of pics)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx