gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975769 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 06, 2024, 03:40 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  EVANS CYCLES- WINSTANLEYS GOT NOTHING ON THESE !!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: EVANS CYCLES- WINSTANLEYS GOT NOTHING ON THESE !!!  (Read 1319 times)

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
EVANS CYCLES- WINSTANLEYS GOT NOTHING ON THESE !!!
« on: April 23, 2012, 10:55 AM »
Ordered 3 times now off these and every time they have messed up !!! NEVER AGAIN !! although this time i ordered a £9.99 seat clamp and they sent me a very nice united pivotal seat post in blue worth £24.99 thank you very much :angel: when i checked website they was out of stock of the seat clamp but was showing it was in when i ordered it  :2gunsfiring_v1: phoned their customer services and told them about the problem and that i had their £24.99 seat post and their response was "oh ok so we owe you £2 then if you are keeping the post" :-\ to which i replied "er yeah"  :2funny:

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: EVANS CYCLES- WINSTANLEYS GOT NOTHING ON THESE !!!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 12:34 PM »
iv'e been in the local one a few times and they deffo all gonks in there  :crazy2:.
have to say about winstanleys though the last 5 or 6 things iv'e ordered have been here super fast and been spot on.
i cant fault as of yet although i know other have had trouble with them in the past.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 12:52 PM »
Evans usually employ roadies and fixie riders, sadly they know little of cycling heritage be it the road or BMX. 

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 01:11 PM »
my local evan's staff do seem more mtd/roadie but the manager asked me where i got my bmx t shirt from,he fancied one himself,told him i got it off  beards website.

ozone

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 01:54 PM »
I like them and they price match stuff as well...

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 03:49 PM »
at my local evans they just don't have fecking clue about bmx's - it like bmx have gone out of fashion, even though there is a big stand of stuff  ::)

muppets  :crazy2:
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

mattuknc

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 04:16 PM »
I've had no issues with their website ordering stuff, most recently picked up a set of 48 spline Salt Plus cranks for £40 from £99, Bargain.
What did get my beef, and I have informed them twice now, is that using the Google Shopping their website came top a few times as having the lowest price, on visiting the site there is not one item at the price stated! Grrr, the second email I sent was a little blunt but they soon updated it!  ;D
(Oh, and they do have Xposure Dave tyres at £8 at the moment  ;))

J69

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 06:57 PM »
Agreed with most of you, Evans haven't a clue when it comes to BMX, I was into MTB racing between 1993 - 2008 & Evans were always good for bikes & parts if you were a mountain biker or roadie. I 've had a few dealings with Winstaleys since getting back into BMX & have to say that their service was spot on & very quick delivery :)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 07:34 AM »
Radshop
BMX City
Liferbmx
Custom Riders

accept no others  :daumenhoch:

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 07:47 AM »
Radshop
BMX City
Liferbmx
Custom Riders

accept no others  :daumenhoch:
ordered the seat clamp from lifer in the end,sent me a email within 2 hours saying they had already dispatched it :daumenhoch:
people should just not sell what they don't have in stock or at least pre warn you that they can at least get it and might take a few days :-\

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 08:33 AM »
Never ordered from Evans, so can't comment.

With Winstanleys and CRC, every time I have ordered more than 3 items, they have fooked up, so now I only order 2 or 3 bits at a time and all is rosy. Must be down to their staff only being able to count using their fingers...

BMX city have fooked up twice, both times have led to me driving over to sort it out, 70 mile round trip, but I needed the stuff and they are good guys so I wasn't too bothered.

MM
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 09:05 AM »
BMX City aren't all that... I made a list off their site.. drove to the shop and they had none of it.

Came away with something I didn't go their for just to justify the trip ::)

Dave @ the RADSHOP has sorted me out everytime... I don't bother with the website tho.  just give him a bell  :daumenhoch:

LiferBMX are also great  :daumenhoch:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 09:35 AM »
I ordered a Black 10t Primo Mix cassette from Evans as it was on sale, and got a White 9t instead! Not only that the spacers from the driver were missing so it kept binding up, returned it to My nearest store and had to deal with the most uninterested, half asleep spod I've ever come across in a shop, never again......
Never had a problem with Winstanleys apart from some forks over a decade ago, BMXCity are great, known Dan for years, ring them First though.
Lifer and Radbmx shop, what can You say? Awesome, best shops out there  :daumenhoch:
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 09:37 AM »
Source bmx are good  ;)  helped out when i need something sorting, and Alan's got there ass in gear with putting on some bits, when i called them up to find out if they had the parts

http://www.sourcebmx.com/

http://www.alansbmx.com/

evans = still shite  :crazy2:
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

lk_97

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 05:47 PM »
Source, not for me, bought some parts, then I rang about a week later and I had to apparently confirm it, which I did, then about another week later they said the seat was out of stock so I needed to choose a new one, and that was on friday and still nothing yet...

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 07:07 PM »
Evans have been ok for me, so have Winstanleys.

1st point of call - Lee @ BMX BOX Sunderland - Support your local independent bike shop :daumenhoch:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

part time

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 07:28 AM »
I've never bought anythign BMX related from Evans, but I can only assume that their knowledge/interest wouldn't be all that.
I have however bought two kids bikes from them recently (a 24" Felt MTB and a 16" Specialized Hotrock) and they have both been beautifully set up/built up.  I've lost count of the amount of new bikes i've had over the years that have had to be taken into the garage at home before they could be ridden, but these two actually stood out as being properly checked out and adjusted in the workshop prior to me collecting them.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  EVANS CYCLES- WINSTANLEYS GOT NOTHING ON THESE !!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx