gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975645 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 05, 2024, 01:53 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  How much are these parts worth?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How much are these parts worth?  (Read 8383 times)

lk_97

How much are these parts worth?
« on: April 12, 2012, 03:08 PM »
Don't have them, but need a guide really  :):

Peregrine 3 piece cranks
Peregrine Q bars
First gen- '92 s&m frame
WAL riot(f&f, just frame, just forks)

Thanks, Lucas. :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 03:30 PM by lk_97 »

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
Re: How much are these parts worth?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 03:23 PM »
Tricky one, but as a rough guide (depending on condition):

Cranks (if you mean the 2nd gen ones from 88 onwards) around £200 mark

Early S&M Frames.....depends what it is and again condish. Seen recently these sort of prices in the States (as they're forkin hard enough to come by there, let alone here):

S&M K-9 D-Zine - no chance. Ever. There's only one known of left I think? Alex will be able to tell more I reckon.

Mad Dog (standard or Pro) - Hens teeth (although strangely today one of my mates mailed me - another one's cropped up same as mine for sale that I can get my hands on) - anywhere between £200-£300 now (including postage from the States)....

MK1 DB's and Holmes- again condition dependant (ie OG decals/paint etc) but around the £200+ mark.

No doubt I'm gonna get ribbed for the prices, but that's from watching the Museum/eBay and what my mates have paid/sold for etc :)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 03:26 PM by dannywhac »
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

lk_97

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 03:32 PM »
Cheers Danny :daumenhoch: really, really wanted some peregrine cranks for my 88 team sport, no chance I guess as I wouldn't spent that on a pair for my new school bike. Next bike is to be an early s&m, dirt bros TA, or WAL riot. Thanks for the guides, if anybody has a guide for the other parts please let me know ;)

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 03:34 PM »
danny if u can get that mad dog at a good price u fancy a trade for my zima?

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 03:48 PM »
Danny was about right there I think.  Good to mint condition cranks will be upwards of £200, seen a few recently go for around £300

Bars, anything from £50 for good condition upwards.  Look out for poorly listed ones on eBay, plenty on the Museum though
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 03:59 PM »
S&M K-9 D-Zine - no chance. Ever. There's only one known of left I think? Alex will be able to tell more I reckon.

Danny whats one of them look like......and how come so rare ?
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 04:04 PM »

Alex will know more, but I think they were a sort of 'prototype' Mad Dog (people didn't really get the name K-9 D-Zine as well), made in limited numbers in late 1987 Think they were Cooks Bros made (as the real early Mad Dogs were as well). Only one know piccy of one that's hung up in a bike shop in the States:

(Piccy nabbed from the Mueseum/Tom/RP)

Fairly shortly after them, the Mad Dog was released, then the Dirt Bike in '89? And the Holmes in 90?

Like I said though, Alex will know waaaay more than me :)

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 04:07 PM »

the holy grail of s&m

thecaptain

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 04:07 PM »

From what Ive heard, there are 2 in existance and a third perhaps existing. The one below is hanging up in a bike shop in the US, S&M has a beat up one kicking around there warehouse (not 100% on that) and the third was featured on bmxmuseum a year or so ago, alot of debating concluded it could be a transition k9dzine or a maddog with different dropouts/brake bridges

under 25 were made I think

thecaptain

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 04:08 PM »
SNAP
 haha

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 04:12 PM »
Jinx!  ;D

Yeah, I remember the Museum one - was that the one with the double (not weld joined) brake-bridge like the early MD's? Was it Moeller that mentioned he might still have one as well?

And if anyone's after a 1989 MD - let me know as that one's just cropped up, and I'm not allowed anymore bikes so can't swapsie with Kev  :'( Will try and sort it out (no guarantees though :) )

lk_97

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 04:17 PM »
Jinx!  ;D

Yeah, I remember the Museum one - was that the one with the double (not weld joined) brake-bridge like the early MD's? Was it Moeller that mentioned he might still have one as well?

And if anyone's after a 1989 MD - let me know as that one's just cropped up, and I'm not allowed anymore bikes so can't swapsie with Kev  :'( Will try and sort it out (no guarantees though :) )

How much? :)

thecaptain

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 04:29 PM »
Jinx!  ;D

Yeah thats the one I think, and yeah, pretty sure it was moeller who mentioned there was one kicking about at his place, would love to see one on ebay 99p starting bid, haha

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 05:12 PM »
any idea on how much a set of 1st gen peregrine cranks are worth? i've got a set but there's a bit of play in one crank arm when tightened up.

lk_97

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 05:17 PM »
any idea on how much a set of 1st gen peregrine cranks are worth? i've got a set but there's a bit of play in one crank arm when tightened up.

If you wanna get rid, I'm interested pending price and pics. :daumenhoch:

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 05:27 PM »
gonna keep them for now, i might be planning on building a haro team master at some point. if i change my mind i'll let you know.  :)

lk_97

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2012, 05:43 PM »
gonna keep them for now, i might be planning on building a haro team master at some point. if i change my mind i'll let you know.  :)

I'm building a team sport which is why I needed a pair :) what year team master are you planning on building? As they may not be spec depending which year

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2012, 06:08 PM »
i got one in either 86 or 87 i think, it was fluro yellow, black and chrome. the frame and forks are long gone but still got the cranks and bars, i wanna build one in the same colours one day.

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 06:14 PM »
might even have been 88, my memorys not what it used to be.  :tickedoff:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2012, 06:18 PM »
Danny was about right there I think.  Good to mint condition cranks will be upwards of £200, seen a few recently go for around £300

Bars, anything from £50 for good condition upwards.  Look out for poorly listed ones on eBay, plenty on the Museum though

Good to know,I can lay my hands on some minty cranks,185s though :daumenhoch:

lk_97

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2012, 06:22 PM »

They were stock on team completes in '88 I know that. Out of interest in the condition they are in how much would you be wanting?

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012, 06:25 PM »
The fluorescent yellow/black master was made in 1987.  :daumenhoch:

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2012, 06:58 PM »

They were stock on team completes in '88 I know that. Out of interest in the condition they are in how much would you be wanting?
i don't think i'm ready to part with them just yet, not got a clue on how much i would sell them for in the condition their in. i did a bit of research on them a few years ago and spoke to a couple of guys who had 1st gen ones and they were'nt all the same. the splines on them were at different angles to each other meaning you couldn't just buy any replacement crank arm. there would have been a possibility the cranks would have been at 90 degrees to each other. here's a pic of mine.

lk_97

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2012, 10:50 PM »

i don't think i'm ready to part with them just yet, not got a clue on how much i would sell them for in the condition their in. i did a bit of research on them a few years ago and spoke to a couple of guys who had 1st gen ones and they were'nt all the same. the splines on them were at different angles to each other meaning you couldn't just buy any replacement crank arm. there would have been a possibility the cranks would have been at 90 degrees to each other. here's a pic of mine.

Not asking to buy, but I have a couple of 8 splined axles at home, I could try some, besides, they're for a rider so they'll be ideal, lmk :)

YGT

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2012, 05:10 PM »
I hated Peregrine cranks BITD .... I had a set on my 88 team master and they sucked from day one.
I used to have to liquid thread lock them, and they still moved.

Strange how the products that sucked the most, usually broke the easiest and now collect the most money since so many have broken (thus making them rarer)

I sold mine to a kid in Folkestone at the time 1990 era .... as they had been in my spare parts box.
Having replaced them with some Haro Fusion alloy cranks a year or 2 before.

Shame the fusion cranks never came on the completes at that time as they were allot better and available.
(I think they came on 1990 models?)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  How much are these parts worth?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx