gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 03:51 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Best trick you attempted or landed today...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Best trick you attempted or landed today...  (Read 20799 times)

Hellcat

Best trick you attempted or landed today...
« on: April 11, 2012, 09:51 PM »
Ain't talking about 540 whips over double decker buses...

My new oldie-newbie ( not very good in the 80's but want to be better now) philosophy is try a new trick each day & keep practising what you know.

So just what you tried / did / learned today... Whatever level...

I got my fakies cleaner (still not mastered em).  A kid at the park (who has clean high airs)  :coolsmiley: taught me about Disasters, & I got the hang of em, on a medium box not tried on the1/4 yet.

Worked on cleaner pipe 180's & trying alleyoop 180, find that helps me rather than carving scaredy 180's. 

So that's it, what did you try / pull / master today? ;)

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Best trick you attempted or landed today...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 11:09 PM »
Today I walked down a wet grass bank without slipping over.

Tomorrow I shall be trying to smooth out my airs on vert. My lifes work it seems....

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 11:18 PM »
Didn't ride, don't much nowadays  :(

Good on ya on the progress  :4_17_5:

Get to ramp city next week, loads of small quarters to get those disasters dialled in  :daumenhoch:
2 minutes turkish...

Hellcat

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 11:24 PM »
Didn't ride, don't much nowadays  :(

Good on ya on the progress  :4_17_5:

Get to ramp city next week, loads of small quarters to get those disasters dialled in  :daumenhoch:

If not next week, the one after that. On a mission....

;) Appreciated.

Sink

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 11:58 AM »
I'm trying the spines, in my head mainly at the moment  :LolLolLolLol: Also trying my hardest to bunny hop 90o I'm hitting 45 most times so just trying to nail those and slowly work up to 90. My favs are drop offs anything i can, a few nice walls on my daily ride to work, i'm slowly getting higher walls to drop off and always trying to nail manuals. Front manuals are impossible for me but i give them a go :daumenhoch:

I was shite BITD and i'm not expecting to get to pro standards, but anything is good for me.

motomagII

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 12:01 PM »
tinite im going to try nail the doubles at bradford clean and bars full crossed been struggling with it as bars are massive and my arms arent long enough ,gonna try em on another bike tonite with smaller bars

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 12:13 PM »
1st straight doubles Greg,  Go on son   :4_17_5:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

motomagII

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 12:14 PM »
nah second straight si

Hellcat

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 12:24 PM »
I had a really nice hour alone in the park this morning before getting rained off. Mainly rolling back, still struggling to spin out, but it's getting closer every day. My backwards rolling's getting much smoother & more balanced. In particular getting my front wheel onto the top of the mini box and rolling back (my new trick to try for today). Also 90 degree endos into roll back, that seems to help with my spinning out after too.

Did a few 180's on the 1/4s, still not reaching the coping. My wrists are a bit sore from all the ramps this week so didn't do much on the 1/4s / jumpy side today.

I used to be able to clean 180 hop on my Ultra Burner bitd. My Hellcat's much longer & I struggle to 90 it, can't wait for my Eastern to arrive cos I'm sure 180 hops won't be long after...Oh, the possibilities. ::)

I really like this fells's How To's, really explain things well. Plus he's got an excellent 1st year's progress vid, which is giving me hope & something to aim for.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HalfTheSpeed?feature=g-all-lik

Good luck over the double MagII.

Keep up the good work Sink. I love early morning park riding. :)

Sink

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 12:31 PM »
Can't beat that early morning park time, i plug in the ipod with some rage against the machine and try some angry riding :daumenhoch: On the odd occasion the youngens have shite the bed and are there before me, my heart sinks and i usually ride right past  :LolLolLolLol: but not all is lost as that gives me more time to find some nice drop offs :4_17_5:

Hellcat

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 12:42 PM »
I usually get there 7 or 8 if it's dry, and never seen a soul at that time.

If I go later and the kids are out I try and turn it into a positive, while it's a pain not being able to ride whichever bit whenever I want, most of them can air better & know more tricks than me, and I'll see what I can learn from them.

Sink

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 12:55 PM »
I usually get there 7 or 8 if it's dry, and never seen a soul at that time.

If I go later and the kids are out I try and turn it into a positive, while it's a pain not being able to ride whichever bit whenever I want, most of them can air better & know more tricks than me, and I'll see what I can learn from them.

I'm usually out at 9am, i'm a lasy old coot and don't get out of bed till 8.30ish :LolLolLolLol:
I have been in a couple of times when the youngens are in there, usually if it's only 1 or 2 on bikes, but if there's scooters, boards and bikes it generally give it a miss.. But like you If i do go in, i like to watch and see what the kids can do, it kind of helps me work out what i need to do on anything i've been trying :daumenhoch:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 11:11 PM »
Had an hours session in the Boardroom today with Jol & Len before the yoot arrived and to warm up for Corby.

Still trying to master rotation on my new bike. Got disasters sorted on the big banks but tanked the lord for my helmet when I head butted the floor trying 360s  :crazy2:

also trying to master ally oops, manuals and actual 'aerials' out of a tranny   :) the pegs have gone now so all my old kickturn shi* is out the window  :buck2:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Hellcat

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 08:18 PM »
Had a good 90 mins on the park this morning. Alone for the first hour. Then as my energy was flagging this kid who's one of the best at airs I've seen there arrived, so that gave me a boost (cos I can ask him for tips).

Same tricks /attempts as usual: learning rollback / fakies, getting quite good at rollbacks, less good at flicking the front round. Trying to get ramp 180s cleaner and higher, and disasters.

LENNY-LENTINI

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 08:46 PM »
Don't worry Helly

the bin-lids only turn up and ruin things when there off school.

In mine n The Crows experience with normal early mornings no-one turns up til Midday so when we get there at 9am we have the park to ourselves for hours.

Faith. L

madmike-bmx

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 09:02 PM »
some weird back peg mannule thing to bonuce front wheel to seat grab rocket mannule to bounce to mannules haha  :LolLolLolLol: was quite fun.

Offline HARODAVE

• Rockwalk
  • the artist formerly known as DAVE3172 !!
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2012, 12:49 AM »
 :4_17_5:

jammy  bastard with all that  time on your hands .. i do 7-7 day shifts monday to friday and i'm either with my daughter or my fiancee of a weekend
.........somethings gotta give... :tickedoff: , putting my name  down for the rampcity lock-in at the the end of this month .i NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED  to ride a park  :daumenhoch:
With Bacofoil and a Battering Ram !

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 08:20 PM »
Hurt my ankle with an off last night at Corby, so bailed earlyish, pub this afternoon, but felt a bit RAD after doing the LLP BMX arm/forearm cough to the barmaid!!(copyright L Lentini!)

Anyway, went to our local park where we have a spine and a kickturn ramp, spine is about 20", I did it about 6 months ago, but very scratty, but did it nonetheless.  Today, having shambled it before, I was determined to do it properly, and I did, 1st 2 or 3 were shit, but over, then I thought, fook it, and did it properly, straight over, pushing the bars down once over the top, so much smoother, after a dozen or so goes, I started the carving approach I see the yoots doing on proper spines, easy peasy!!

I dare say, next time i'm confronted by a proper spine, i'll poop a bit and go round it, but just now, I'm feeling invincible!!!

Our art rules

MM
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

Hellcat

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 10:33 AM »
Had a blissy 2 hrs alone in the park. Mainly working on rollbacks / fakies, did some very nice long (for me) straight balanced rollbacks & rollbacks into a smooth U-turn. Still struggling with trying to flick the front end round mehod. New for today was rolling up the mini 1/2 and trying to roll back up the other side and repeat. A few good attempts but nothing smooth & continous, yet. ;)

Did a few 1/2 180s, but wrists have been aching, so looking to work on my groundwork & flat a bit.

Can't wait for new bike, (shorter and lighter, hopefully much easier on the ramp).

I've got all this time on my hands cos I'm not working at the mo, & my ex has moved far, far away with my son meaning I get to spend much less time with him than I have had :(.

While I've got some time on my hands I'm determined to use it well. Park in the early morning, then job searching during the day.

Offline HARODAVE

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2012, 01:09 PM »
 :daumenhoch: gutted about yer job and yer lad being far from you , my daughter lives with her mam and i dont see her as often as i'd like, :(

i'm just back from ince park ,  :shocked: had an hour or so there , clearing the jump box nice and smoothly now after a few dodgy moments, lots of scooter kids there , only two on bikes , one was very  good, smooth and stylish , half-caste lad on a united , airing about 3 feet out of everything, he chatted to me for a bit about bikes b.i.t.d and how long i'd been back into it , and he seemed surprised when i said it was my first time at a skatepark for over 20 years,  :2funny: 
i couldnt master the jump box the other way though , off the bank and landing into the transition ,  harder to get the landing position angled in that way round,although i can clear it transition first smoothly landing nose in first , so i'm happy with the way its gone today , :4_17_5:

i overcame my embarassment  and fear, learnt a move and didnt break myself or the bike.i think i was good entertainment for them all , being the only one there with brakes , a helmet , gloves  :yahoo_silent:

hey mister , why isn't yer seat lower? ....because i'm old......  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2012, 01:15 PM »
clearing the little hip jump box thingy at Corby.....small things  :daumenhoch:

Oh and the wall ride thingy at the end of the street section bit.......fook me i'll be sponsored next!   ;D
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 02:11 PM by pickle »

Hellcat

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2012, 01:26 PM »
Dave,

cheers. My ex was in Walsall (150 mile round trip), now in Cardiff (400). So fortnightly long weekends at mine will now be monthly or 3 weekly weekend stays in B&B's.  Shite really, and very expensive with money I haven't got.

Ince is where I ride most days ;). Currently on a brown / black Freeagent HellCat, soon to be on a black / orange Eastern. Gis a shout if you fancy riding together anytime. I'm pretty basic at mo, but improving day by day.

Last week the kids were asking how long I'd been riding, there were surprised when I said 3 days. :laugh: Ace that you've gone back to the skatepark. :daumenhoch:

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2012, 01:34 PM »
I had a fairly big bail on Thursday so I had a little trundle on my missus’ bike yesterday in the woods to test my knee out. I attempted a tabletop and then turnbar, neither anything like dialled but I was grinning anyway just to be out there doing it.

Offline HARODAVE

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2012, 01:39 PM »
saturday  morning will be the next time i can get there mate, can meet you there once the sun comes up if it aint pissing it down  :buck2:

have you been  newton-le -willows park, thats good , similar to ince,

scratched my car getting bike out this morning ... :'( :'( :'( :rant: gutted .

Hellcat

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2012, 02:02 PM »
I'm planning on going to Blackpool Friday night, so dunno about this Sat, will either be exhausted, broken or hyped up, early rising & desperate to ride some more...

I had a quick look at NLW, trying a sunrise special, but ramps were damp & slippy. Nice variety of ramps, looking forwards to trying again when it's properly dry.

I've been too Hesketh Flecther / Atherton too. Nice variety there, but a bit run down at mo. Will take a broom with me next time...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Best trick you attempted or landed today...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx