gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 09:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Another bloody courier request...!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Another bloody courier request...!  (Read 1388 times)

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
Another bloody courier request...!
« on: April 09, 2012, 11:47 PM »
Sorry but cant remember what has been said about this...but can someone recommend one please for a bike collection?

Thank you...

Sink

Re: Another bloody courier request...!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 11:50 PM »
P4D £10.79 to your door

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 12:00 AM »
Fùcking hell thats cheap! Is it really that price...??!!!
Nice one, thanks for that!

Sink

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 12:06 AM »
yes mate get it in a bike box, take off the wheels, turn the bars and bob's your dads, sisters husband :daumenhoch:

That's with V.A.T next day delivery
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 12:09 AM by Sink »

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 12:20 AM »
Oh no, I want one collecting...! Just did a rough estimate on that site & the cheapest is £28.99 for collection & delivery...does that sound about right...?
On average what would you say is the weight for a half decent NS complete?!

Offline skki3330

• Flip-Whip
  • Love Riding Old Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 08:11 AM »
try parcel monkey aswell sometime they come in cheaper.
WANTED

SE Powerwings
Holeshot RF-1
Vincent Freestylers Gen 1 and Gen 2

thecaptain

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 09:03 AM »
try interparcel.com

enter collection and delivery details and your given a list of loads of different couriers prices, with options of between 3 days delivery and next day before 9am  :daumenhoch:

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 10:24 AM »
Thanks guys. So what would be the average weight of a NS bike...?!

Sink

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 11:25 AM »
In a bike box measuring 120cm x 25 x 55 at 15kg it should be £8 something plus VAT = £10.79

Like i've said I've had 3 bike this way in the last few months and all came in at £10.79 :daumenhoch:

You will need te seller to box it up for you as small as possible, but if they get a used bike box from halfords, they usually give them out free, with those measurements and weight it won't be anymore than £10.79 using Yodel, speaking of which mine has just drove passed, with my sons new bike  :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 11:31 AM by Sink »

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 11:30 AM »
Thanks guys. So what would be the average weight of a NS bike...?!

Impossible to say, you will need the box as small as possible and then get the seller to weigh it accurately.

If you get the weight wrong i.e. it is heavier on collection the courier company can and probably will charge you extra.

Offline Hiro Tonka

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 11:38 AM »
I think Staples do a drop off/collect courier service through one of the big delievery companies.
Sure i saw it advertised last time i was in one of their stores. Saves you having to wait in all day for pick up.

Steven

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 12:08 PM »
Thanks alot for your help guys...
I have messaged the guy hinting that he can post it if he wants...! He may as well as he has to package it anyway...!!
Not that im a lazy bastard...!!!

The Staples thing is odd...!

I am concerned about the weight Sean so i would probably give them a slightly higher weight even if the guy tells me the weight!!

ozone

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 02:34 PM »
I have messaged the guy hinting that he can post it if he wants...! He may as well as he has to package it anyway...!!

I am concerned about the weight Sean so i would probably give them a slightly higher weight even if the guy tells me the weight!!

The size of the box is usually the deciding factor in the cost of delivery as they charge based on a volumetric system.  I bought an old racer a while back which weighed around 10kg and they wanted silly money because the box was quite big.  I told a few lies re the size of item and didn't get found out.   >:D

Do couriers even check the dimensions of stuff at the depot?

rad_pitt

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 05:26 PM »

The size of the box is usually the deciding factor in the cost of delivery as they charge based on a volumetric system.  I bought an old racer a while back which weighed around 10kg and they wanted silly money because the box was quite big.  I told a few lies re the size of item and didn't get found out.   >:D

Do couriers even check the dimensions of stuff at the depot?

No, they don't - I've told porkies in the past, haven't been collared yet. Again, with a road bike - it was in a monstrous great big box, nigh on fully assembled, but it was delivered for a tenner  :daumenhoch: they aren't stringent with the box size.

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 05:39 PM »
Fùcking hell Tom how did you get it delivered for a tenna...??!!! Was that inclusive of collection & delivery...?

Sink

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 08:52 PM »
You can get away with a few things, as i've said before for £10.79, today my boys bike arrived split in 2 boxes and still I only paid the £10.79 collection and delivery charge :smitten: Should have been in one box, but still got it :LolLolLolLol:

Offline skki3330

• Flip-Whip
  • Love Riding Old Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2012, 10:29 PM »
Just used Parcel Monkey again tonight sending a whole bmx 15.5kg 101cm x 58cm x 34cm with insurance to £100 £10.19  :daumenhoch:
WANTED

SE Powerwings
Holeshot RF-1
Vincent Freestylers Gen 1 and Gen 2

rad_pitt

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2012, 10:43 PM »
Fùcking hell Tom how did you get it delivered for a tenna...??!!! Was that inclusive of collection & delivery...?

Yeah, collection and delivery Rich. Just have a look on p4d.co.uk or parcel2go.com for a quote. Put in rough dimensions, and a weight from 10-15 kilo, and you're usually good for a £10 or so next day delivery, fully tracked carried by either Yodel, CityLink, Hermes, Parcelforce etc, you can choose the cheapest from a list of quotes.

Got one arriving with me tomorrow. Great service  :4_17_5:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Another bloody courier request...!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx