gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 12:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  NEW SCHOOL BRITISH MADE STREET/PARK BMX'S ???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: NEW SCHOOL BRITISH MADE STREET/PARK BMX'S ???  (Read 4776 times)

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
NEW SCHOOL BRITISH MADE STREET/PARK BMX'S ???
« on: April 02, 2012, 07:59 AM »
anyone making them yet? if not why not? mr cameron always banging on about how great this country is and lets face it we do have some pretty talented people out there and sure we could give the others a run for their money  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 12:05 PM by harorider »

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
Re: NEW SCHOOL BRITISH MADE BMX'S ???
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 08:49 AM »
DIALLED are a British brand, steel frames suitable for both proper BMX and doing stunts.
CURTIS make proper BMX and stunt bikes also.

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 08:58 AM »
Mr March too, totally custom  :Great_Britain:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 11:59 AM »
new school only  :daumenhoch: and i think dialled are just a race bike designed in UK but not made here  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 12:04 PM by harorider »

motomagII

Re: NEW SCHOOL BRITISH MADE STREET/PARK BMX'S ???
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 12:12 PM »
stolen are british arent they ?

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 12:20 PM »
new school only

Did you miss the thread abour MRD embarking on making frames again?  admittedly they were race frames being discussed but freestyle was mentioned and Tim said each frame will be custom, so I assume you could specify angles, lengths, headset type and BB type. They wont be cheap but they will be good and they will be made here.
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

medved

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 12:25 PM »
Deluxe and amity are both british,  but i think both outsource their manufacture to thailand like Dialled

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 01:22 PM »
other than Curtis i don't know of any  ???  and do Curtis still make BMX frames or just 4x?

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 03:21 PM »
there quite a few uk new school freestyle bmx companies with street/park frames but none of them are actually built in the uk they are all made in taiwan none are made here in the uk

SaMAlex

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 03:30 PM »
there quite a few uk new school freestyle bmx companies with street/park frames but none of them are actually built in the uk they are all made in taiwan none are made here in the uk

It costs WAY to much to make quality stuff in the UK. Just look at a pair of bars or forks (for starters). You'd struggle to get the material for less than you can get the finished product from the far east. And from the far east they come painted, with stickers, in a box, ready to send to the shops. (I think you might be able to get Just the BOX made in the UK for about the same price as the whole package from the far east). And its not like they are even bad quality from the far east. They are pretty good now.

curtispro

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 03:31 PM »
what about this company, I know they are not street/park very nice

http://www.thepurebicyclecompany.co.uk/about.html

don't know where their frames are made though but they are a  :Great_Britain: company and their frames are  :smitten:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 03:33 PM by curtispro »

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 03:39 PM »
what about this company, I know they are not street/park very nice

http://www.thepurebicyclecompany.co.uk/about.html

don't know where their frames are made though but they are a  :Great_Britain: company and their frames are  :smitten:

Made in Italy,they seem to grind the beads of the TIG wleds down for some reason...

SaMAlex

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 03:39 PM »
United are a British company. They are one of the Best current New School Park/Street brands, and run by BMXers thro and thro.

All made in the far east, but totally great stuff.  :daumenhoch:

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 03:42 PM »

It costs WAY to much to make quality stuff in the UK. Just look at a pair of bars or forks (for starters). You'd struggle to get the material for less than you can get the finished product from the far east. And from the far east they come painted, with stickers, in a box, ready to send to the shops. (I think you might be able to get Just the BOX made in the UK for about the same price as the whole package from the far east). And its not like they are even bad quality from the far east. They are pretty good now.

sadly very true
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 03:48 PM »
 :) Dunno if these are UK made?
http://www.sinbmx.com/products.html

There is a company advertising custom built frames on Ebay-their name escapes me :daumenhoch:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 03:49 PM »

I hear their frames are cracking.

SaMAlex

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 03:50 PM »
sadly very true

A while ago I got some Pegs from British Company, but made in the far east. They were sold individually and came in a nice, die cut box with Logo'ed cutouts. They were Ally pegs and they were Anodized and Laser engraved with the Logo all the way round (and they came in a few different colours). I got them cheap, probably at Trade price or something. They were SOOO cheap. Less than I could get the material for here, Less than I could get the Laser engraving done here. Probably about the price it'd cost me to get the Boxes made, OR get the Anodizing done here .... if I got enough of them done.
And thats before you even actually MAKE the pegs!  :crazy2:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 03:53 PM by S&MAlex »

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2012, 04:15 PM »
I would think a UK made frame would be around £400 - £500 retail  ???
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 04:22 PM »
I would have thought it would make sense for any British company producing in reasonable volume to get stuff made up in Taiwan even if its designed here. It allows them to price keenly and tap into the economies of scale associated with dealing with a country renown for its bike production.

Obviously smaller companies such as Vincent and MRD can carve a niche with hand built low production stuff but that will ultimately come at a price.

For me at the moment Deluxe would be my company of choice. They do some lovely, well designed and engineered stuff  :smitten:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

griff

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, 04:24 PM »

I hear their frames are cracking.

:LolLolLolLol: not usually the best attribute in a frame

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, 05:03 PM »
bsd, scottish company. not made here though.

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 05:26 PM »
i know what your saying alex hence why i said no uk freestyle company makes frames here, taiwan is now so well equipped, have very good quality control standards and can knock stuff out in such high volumes that unfortunatly it makes no business sense to have a frame made in the uk these days

the upside of this is there are more uk based bmx companies because they can easily go to taiwan and get their designs made, a few off the top of my head are

total bmx
bsd
deluxe
united
proper
federal
atilla
bicycle union
inertia

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2012, 05:30 PM »
the last I remember were Pashley, beautiful Frames! Also a guy who used to work for Pashley ( I believe) before going solo called Hidden nation.

nearly all the frames were around the £350-£400 mark

All were excellent products but struggled against the taiwan market

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  NEW SCHOOL BRITISH MADE STREET/PARK BMX'S ???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx