gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 06:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Royal Fail - The ones that got away.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Royal Fail - The ones that got away.  (Read 2301 times)

Tachikoma

Royal Fail - The ones that got away.
« on: March 19, 2012, 11:41 AM »
So this morning I was waiting on a few parts in the mail, a long overdue set of bars, a stem and a bottom bracket set for my newschool build.
About 11am I hear the letterbox go, out of curiosity I have a gander out the window to see Mr Spammy with his bag'o'spam cards no doubt informing me of the latest pizza deal or taxi firm service, the fact he stops half way down my path on his way out grabs my interest and I stand and watch for a bit as he rummages through his bag for another stack of binfodder when out of the corner of my eye I see good old Mr postie walking from his van and down my path carrying a suspiciously handlebar shaped package.

Just as I'm about to turn tail and answer the door I'm frozen stiff with astonishment as the postie hands Mr Spammer my package and tootles on his way back to postman pats van :wtf: for a split second I hear the cogs of opportunity grinding inside Mr Spammers head as suddenly he turns and starts heading for the gate, at which point I rush down the stairs, throw open the door and unleash a torrent of words not yet given a home in the English dictionary and retrieve my package.  :2gunsfiring_v1:

Words cannot describe, seriously.

So with the theme set and my anger subsiding, anyone care to share their postal losses thus far while partaking in their hobby of oldschool BMX?

For me I've thankfully only lost one or two little bits, such as pedals and stems.

Max Out!

Re: Royal Fail - The ones that got away.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 12:45 PM »
That's worrying....    :(  I've had countless packages go missing over the years.  Knowing that this kind of thing goes on, I'm not bloody surprised!!!   :2gunsfiring_v1:

:rant:

Max

thecaptain

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 01:42 PM »
ive had loads of things go missing, but alot of them im finding out were dodgey sellers  :tickedoff:

I did have an S&M sticker frame go 'missing' though, not quite sure how that slipped through the gate, but you live and learn  :-\

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 02:17 PM »

I would ring your local PO office and explain to them what happened. They should not be handing mail to strangers who could walk off with it.

:daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 02:40 PM »
No doubt the posties will be along shortly, but I'd phone Royal Mail and complain like fook; no way should they be doping that and I think you will find it's against the law.  Incompetence at it's worst.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Tachikoma

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 02:50 PM »
No doubt the posties will be along shortly, but I'd phone Royal Mail and complain like fook; no way should they be doping that and I think you will find it's against the law.  Incompetence at it's worst.

Ironically my normal mail postie's a decent bloke, doesn't muck about and about the worst i could say about him is that sometimes he's a bit impatient when waiting for someone to answer the door (writing out you weren't in cards within 10 seconds of knocking).

And while i understand that if he had to wait for everyone to answer their doors it'd take him all day, there's nothing worse than having to cut a good shit short to rush off to the door while tugging up your jeans.

Just seems some of the new guys and temp'ers lately are absolutely bone idle, i guess my usual postie was off for some reason last month because we had a temp'er doing the rounds and he pretty much posted a "tried to deliver but you weren't in" slip with the normal mail, just as i was leaving the house - i say "it's alright mate i'm in" to which he replied "Oh, i don't have the parcel anyway", i assume he left it at the sorting office because he couldn't be arsed carrying it.

Suffice to say the manager at the local sorting office had some strong words with him that evening because the next day he was falling over himself to be nice and helpful.

Anyway, on the dog and bone with them now to report it - don't like dobbing people in usually, but handing a package to someone who clearly doesn't even live at the address takes the piss.

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 04:16 PM »
jeez i hoped you battered the fookin tw@t :2gunsfiring_v1: :Aresehole:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline Hiro Tonka

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 05:12 PM »
I'm going to sneak a peak in the back room of my local pizza takeaway or kebab shop , bet it's like an Alladins cave of BMX gear  :police:

keviboy

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 06:05 PM »
I have heard from a postie that stuff which obviously won't fit through a domestic post box isn't even being delivered ,but cards pre-filled out so you have to get your stuff direct from the sorting office!
which means having to find the time/make time to go and queue up in that miserable post office with your proof of who you are,and more than likely pay to park thus adding to the phat price you have already paid the right ROYALIST OF MAIL! And interfering with the post is treason which is still a major criminal offence!

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 06:13 PM »
cant believe the posty gave your parcel to a leaflet deliverer, what a flid :idiot2:

ozone

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 06:19 PM »
No doubt the posties will be along shortly, but I'd phone Royal Mail and complain like fook; no way should they be doping that and I think you will find it's against the law.  Incompetence at it's worst.

Ironically my normal mail postie's a decent bloke, doesn't muck about and about the worst i could say about him is that sometimes he's a bit impatient when waiting for someone to answer the door (writing out you weren't in cards within 10 seconds of knocking).

And while i understand that if he had to wait for everyone to answer their doors it'd take him all day, there's nothing worse than having to cut a good shit short to rush off to the door while tugging up your jeans.

Just seems some of the new guys and temp'ers lately are absolutely bone idle, i guess my usual postie was off for some reason last month because we had a temp'er doing the rounds and he pretty much posted a "tried to deliver but you weren't in" slip with the normal mail, just as i was leaving the house - i say "it's alright mate i'm in" to which he replied "Oh, i don't have the parcel anyway", i assume he left it at the sorting office because he couldn't be arsed carrying it.

Suffice to say the manager at the local sorting office had some strong words with him that evening because the next day he was falling over himself to be nice and helpful.

Anyway, on the dog and bone with them now to report it - don't like dobbing people in usually, but handing a package to someone who clearly doesn't even live at the address takes the piss.

He probably wipes his cheesy bell on your parcels now.  I would wear rubber gloves just in case...   :police:

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 06:34 PM »
postie here and i aints sticking up for that.
Get them rang and complain to the high heavens.
They have us watching this video at work now about how great we are and that we never do anything like this.
The guy wants sacking end of.

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 06:37 PM »

They have us watching this video at work now about how great we are and that we never do anything like this.

Ahhhhh, the good old team talk, what a waste of time. 
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 11:20 PM »
My sorting office are a bunch of cnuts  :2gunsfiring_v1:

cos i get every thing labled as BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN - they get shirty every time cos i don't have I.D with that name on it  ::)  fecking planks ~ i can tell what the item is and who it's from without seeing it, but no they need I.D. - so if i brick to death some bloke that i over heard saying to some one that he had a package to pick up - then i got his credit card and flashed that with no picture on it or a good look at a signature when i copy the name ~ then it's fine  ::)

i say it's my forum name - ebay name and a company name, but no  ::)

my sainsburys nectar card is in the name of BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN  - so i show them that and it's alright  ::)

fecking muppets  :2gunsfiring_v1:

and when learning to be a postman, do they skip the bit about "how to ring a door bell" or do they just go to "stick a card through to save time and don't worry to check if any one is in"  :crazy2:
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2012, 12:34 PM »

If they are asking you for proof of ID then at least your goods are safe.
The 1st mistake they made there was turning them over to you on the strength of a nectar card.
The fault lies with you giving a name on shipping details you have difficulty proving on arrival, surely?

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 01:50 PM »

The fault lies with you giving a name on shipping details you have difficulty proving on arrival, surely?

Exactly.

Why not just give your correct name to the seller and avoid the hassle ? Seems bizzare  ???

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 02:04 PM »
Have to say my local postal service is spot on! We are on first name terms.  :daumenhoch:

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 02:08 PM »
just the way i do things - it would be the same as a company name - as i'm the only one in the company it should go directly to me  :P
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 02:22 PM »
Have to say my local postal service is spot on! We are on first name terms.  :daumenhoch:
Your lucky
It's only since last year that mine has changed. Now it's pot luck.
Good dedicated guys are actually a real treasure when your in this hobby arn't they. It deffo takes a bit of the worry away.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2012, 02:44 PM »
True......i always give them a little something at Christmas  :daumenhoch:as well.  they're top lads

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Royal Fail - The ones that got away.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx