gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 03:45 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Mrs Nora Cup's arrived
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Mrs Nora Cup's arrived  (Read 822 times)

Offline Bananaman

• BMX Nerd
  • Le Mans Man
  • Rated:
Mrs Nora Cup's arrived
« on: June 16, 2006, 06:55 PM »
Well, 6 weeks and a three leg journey across the US to my mates in New Jersey, back to the UK and the other side of staffordshire to avoid import duty collected by me this afternoon and unwrapped on the driveway. It was well worth the wait, she is a survivor all original except for the tyres and maybe the grips. An 83 GT Pro Nora Cup........................................................

Question is guys, do I replace new for old or get the Spanish Archer grease out (el bow) on the parts!!??

New tyres and brake blocks and pedals are a must, not sure about the wheels, cranks, brakes etc??

I can't believe how good the condition is, all the drop outs are spot on and not a glimmer of rust anywhere :4_17_5:

theRuler

Re: Mrs Nora Cup's arrived
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 07:02 PM »
holy crap on a crust mate!
i am just rebuilding my mate's one of them:

it looked a lot sorrier than yours when i got it off him though

nice bike dude! that is all original - same parts (bar wheels) as the one i have at the moment

greentoad

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 07:41 PM »
Hi and great find.

Personally i'd clean it up the best I could and use it, you can always get NOS stuff later if you really want / need it.

Keep it original, why waste the money or the parts when they are perfectly okay?

It seems a shame to break it / swap bits etc when it is complete and turn it into a another bike (it's like the old classic car and motorcycle scene, do you repaint, add new bits or use what you have but know that it was on from the factory and with original paint / chrome etc.....I know what I prefer).

Also if you spend many hundred's of £'s will you ever use it, or will it then become an unused show bike?

J.

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 08:46 PM »
looks better now than when you first showed it me lee.
you one happy man now i bet.
pleased you got it ok mate  :daumenhoch:.
dave the bmxing gypo

Jazzchimp

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 09:14 PM »
Great minds eh  :daumenhoch:

theRuler

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 09:49 PM »
Hi and great find.

Personally i'd clean it up the best I could and use it, you can always get NOS stuff later if you really want / need it.

Keep it original, why waste the money or the parts when they are perfectly okay?

yep

strip it and clean it and rebuild it. maybe a new chain and cable but the rest is good to go!
scars of use in this nos-bike world looks cool!

boloon

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 10:03 PM »
Nice brick work & fence Lee !!!!!

Offline Bananaman

• BMX Nerd
  • Le Mans Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 11:22 PM »
Nice brick work & fence Lee !!!!!

I know Fookin Barratts! they are comin next week to sort it out  :knuppel2:

DR VINOAH

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006, 01:26 AM »
another beautiful GT  :4_17_5:

big big ups :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Mrs Nora Cup's arrived

gfxgfx
gfx gfx