gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 09:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  ACS Z Mags
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ACS Z Mags  (Read 482 times)

RichG41

ACS Z Mags
« on: March 03, 2012, 05:06 PM »
Hi

Just wondered if anyone had much info on Z mags? I recently bought a set off ebay, I presumed they were old school as I didn't know ACS still produce them  :-[ Not fussed as they were really cheap and they are for a rider I'm putting together for my daughter and on the face of things they look very similar to the originals, does anyone know what the differences are?

Thanks

Rich
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 05:25 PM by RichG41 »

rad_pitt

Re: ACS Z Mags
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 06:46 PM »
i have to say Rich - I wasn't aware they had re-produced them. But they have:

http://www.acsbmx.com/product-wheels-mags.htm

Be interesting to see if there are any differences, because from here, they look identical  :-\

RichG41

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 06:51 PM »
Same here, someone was selling a nice pair of white z rims and a pair of black Z mags, so I (wrongly) presumed they were old school. I didn't pay much so it's not the price it's just I want to know what difference there is. We all  know  about Skyways but I guess with the ACS mag being a lot less popular (and from what I've read not as good) I'm a bit in the dark as to what to look for ......

If anyone has information or detailed photos of a set of originals I'll post photos of my ones to see if there are any differences (that is if mine are re-pops!)

Thanks

Rich
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 09:50 PM by RichG41 »

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 06:53 PM »
I'm pretty sure they're identical to the older ones.  I was gonna get a pair of new ones as there's a shop in Canada sold them for around $70 a pair, but they've since run out

Had a set in the past, and very underrated IMO.  Haro used em early nineties  :daumenhoch:
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

punkdSICO

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 09:55 PM »
How do they compare to Skyways in terms of weight and strength?  They do look pretty nice..

Paul

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 09:15 PM »
i'm suprised ACS don't still make z-rims, considering they were and are still much more desirable?  :crazy2:
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  ACS Z Mags

gfxgfx
gfx gfx