gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 10:32 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  dia compe brake levers
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: dia compe brake levers  (Read 836 times)

2020mad

dia compe brake levers
« on: June 15, 2006, 03:07 PM »
O.k was talking bmx with a mate last night and got talking about the brake levers that used to be on my T/a.
They were 2 tone dia compe levers and came with my black dia compe mx 1000's, The main part of the lever which attaches to frame was black but the levers themselves were gold. the riviots that connect them look original.
Can anyone tell me anything about these?

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: dia compe brake levers
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 09:24 AM »
The main part of the lever which attaches to frame was black but the levers themselves were gold

Are you sure they were like this from new? I have a pair of used ones that sound like that and just assumed that the lever had faded or something. I wouldn't say it was a gold color, more of a dark bronze?

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 10:13 AM »
I vaugley remember 2 tone dia compes on a bike once , maybe a factory second or a special edition , or maybe someone had access to a riveter ?

Rich

Offline Bananaman

• BMX Nerd
  • Le Mans Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 11:33 AM »
The main part of the lever which attaches to frame was black but the levers themselves were gold

Are you sure they were like this from new? I have a pair of used ones that sound like that and just assumed that the lever had faded or something. I wouldn't say it was a gold color, more of a dark bronze?

I have a few faded ones that sound like that :daumenhoch:

2020mad

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 01:11 PM »
Will have a proper look tonight.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  dia compe brake levers

gfxgfx
gfx gfx