gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 05:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  so near yet so far!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: so near yet so far!  (Read 2275 times)

muttley

so near yet so far!
« on: February 25, 2012, 05:03 PM »
Just been down the tip and whilst waiting in the que to get in something caught my eye. A white skyway tuff II with ally centres and yes it was on a bike. By this time I was getting all excited and quickly made a beeline for it. Found a complete team burner and totally original to boot. Mx brakes, comp III's and still had the reflectors on the wheels. Asked the dude working there but he said they can't let stuff go as someone takes them away!!! GUTTED!!!

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Re: so near yet so far!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 05:07 PM »
You should have asked him tp pay you to take it away for them  :daumenhoch: :LolLolLolLol:

Seriously though it's a real fooker when this happens, a sly back hander would have done the trick I think  ^"^
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

muttley

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 05:32 PM »
I offer to cross his palm with gold but he said because of the cameras that can't let stuff go. ;-(

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 05:46 PM »
oh ! SHIT that sounds like a Tange Aero Pro in team colours - only worth £500-£600 when done  ???

£40 to grease the hands might have worked  ;)

depends on the site - some sell, some don't and some sell to the right people  ;)

but the way things are done are changing thanks to the government being so greedy  ::) - no back handers and the workers there getting shafted by being caught out, or not allowed to do any thing without it being watched by big brother or having to write it down - the old boys that knew how things worked best and how to keep every one happy, are being pushed out for twats that want to creep up the ladder that has been put up there bosses ass  :crazy2:

since not being allowed to stick around and see some great items come in - the guys that helped keep things moving have been pushed out or locked down on what can be done  ::)

again the good days have gone thanks to the c*^ts in the government pretending to be green and do the right thing - line there pockets and watch us feed on shite  :rant:
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 06:02 PM »
You should have just taken it without asking, I bet you would have had it out before anyone even noticed. Try that tomorrow if it's still there.
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 06:05 PM »
you would have also had the shit kicked out of you, if done Ad's way  ;D
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 06:11 PM »
fooking ridiculous. Cant believe they wouldn't let you have it.

Offline skki3330

• Flip-Whip
  • Love Riding Old Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 06:24 PM »
Yep most dumps are the same  >:( ive even tried putting up small banners on steaks outside near the dump but they just take them down. it gets me down just thinking about how many old school bikes get thrown away  >:( >:(
WANTED

SE Powerwings
Holeshot RF-1
Vincent Freestylers Gen 1 and Gen 2

In2 bmx

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 06:26 PM »
That's a shame ...  :(

Id go back tonight and take all the good parts off it ...  :daumenhoch:

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 06:27 PM »
I've asked a couple of times at my local tip and got the same answer.  If someone can give me a good answer as to why this isn't the best form of recycling known to man, I'll be happy.  Utter tossers  :2gunsfiring_v1:
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

lk_97

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 06:36 PM »
There's a tip in wigston not far from me, might go down to see if I can get away with one :LolLolLolLol:

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 06:39 PM »
The government gets more money from set up companies that strip and recycle parts that take away items thrown away

wood goes to get chipped up - clothes get sorted and most get shredded - metal to the scrap yards (copper - lead - alloy are valuable and so sorted elsewhere ) all the shit stuff in General goes to land fill

Goverment = they pay the staff - that is enough for them - they have there cut and taxes - they think this is the way the world turns  ::)

Rodgy1970

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 06:50 PM »
If you'd told him it was worth £500+ it would be coming to a gumtree ad or ebay near you shortly, they can always get out what they want to.

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 09:21 AM »
I thought it was gonna be about biscuits on the 2nd shelf and you just couldn't reach em, you had a lucky escape Ross, lucky they was weighing it in

b45t4rd

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 09:21 AM »
Should have told him you put in & have changed your mind & want it back.  :knuppel2:

Offline stfc

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 09:27 AM »
What You should have said was , Im looking for an old bike that was stolen from my yard a few days ago and describe it, How can he not give it You then ...

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 11:04 AM »
If it's a new site or refurbed one - they will have camera's up, and from that they can find out which car dropped it off - then they can contact the police about it all  ;)

b45t4rd

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2012, 11:25 AM »
Who runs your local site Bendy, the Stasi?  :LolLolLolLol:

They have cameras at my local, mainly to protect the workers who are lippy feckers & regularly used to get a shoeing.  :knuppel2: ;D

ozone

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2012, 11:54 AM »
Coming soon to one of Stella Atoiz's splitting/for sale threads.   :police: 

speight9587

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2012, 06:14 PM »
Try find a cheap street hooker. Drive her down to the tip and pay her £30 x 5 tip workers = £150 to give them all a blowey in their cabin. She'd have to insist they all went on the cabin with her at the same time. Whilst the lads are all getting a good sucking, you load the £500 old schooler into you car. £500 BMX less £150 hooker fee = £350 wage. Job done  ;).

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2012, 06:22 PM »
There's a tip in wigston not far from me, might go down to see if I can get away with one :LolLolLolLol:

Oi, Lucas, stay off my patch!!

Joking, there is never anything there mate, someone on the books must be switched on.

in 10 years, I have never seen anything worth a row about.

MM
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

lk_97

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2012, 07:08 PM »

Oi, Lucas, stay off my patch!!

Joking, there is never anything there mate, someone on the books must be switched on.

in 10 years, I have never seen anything worth a row about.

MM

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: been there once, like you said, nothing, I know there is someone there who knows a few people so think he gets it all :-\ I know he got a pk ripper once...

Last time I went about 2 workers were there, anyone up for a group effort? >:D

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2012, 08:25 PM »
A lot less stuff is not going to the dumps anymore as EBAY is king - saved a lot of bikes, but every one thinks they are worth ££££'s

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2012, 08:49 PM »
You should have grabbed it. If you got stopped just say you changed your mind and you're keeping it >:D
ding dong

Daletsunami

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2012, 10:36 PM »
As long as you ask the person who is throwing it away if you can have it before they pass it over then it's yours, the tip can't claim it until it's handed over  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  so near yet so far!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx