gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 11:35 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Hoffman Taj
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hoffman Taj  (Read 1557 times)

robreid

Hoffman Taj
« on: February 01, 2012, 04:29 PM »

This is my Hoffman Taj that i have restored and would like to know how much i should ask for it. The list of parts are as follows:
Taiwanese Taj frame with brand new original decals,Primo Moe bars,Primo rod seatpost, Odyssey Seat and clamp, Primo Comet tyres, Primo grips, Primo magnesium alloy pedals,Fsa SmackDaddy crank, Fsa bottom bracket,Shadow Conspiracy chain ring and bashguard,Ybn halflink chain, Diatech doubled cup headset, Hoffman stem, Gackforks, GSport Homer Hubs, Sun Big City Rims,Odyssey 13t freewheel, Diacomp brake calliper and Diacomp tech 77 lever.
Everything is brand new except the cranks and pedals which havent been used much any advice would be welcome!!!

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 04:30 PM by robreid »

elevensies

Re: Hoffman Taj
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 05:23 PM »
wow, its nice

price though... thats your choice, do you try sell it for what you put into it, or sell it for what its worth to someone.

biggest problem is its not a 1'' usa Taj, its also pink, which kinda rules out alot of people.

its got some nice age related parts, but again for me the snowflake wheels is another yey or ney.

so how much you thinking?

thecaptain

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 05:30 PM »
pink is def a tough sell for most people

But to try and answer your Q, i'd say around 150-200 perhaps? 

Its got alot of good parts, but was definately built for someones personal taste

elevensies

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 05:31 PM »
pink is def a tough sell for most people

But to try and answer your Q, i'd say around 150-200 perhaps? 

Its got alot of good parts, but was definately built for someones personal taste

my thoughts too

robreid

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 05:40 PM »
At least at that sort of money the wife can't make me sell it !! back to garage with the others she goes!!!
Thank you for the prompt advice!

elevensies

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 05:43 PM »
sorry dude, if only it was one of these then maybe you would have had fat pockets.

robreid

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 05:54 PM »
its not really about the money but more about the space when you have 12 hoffman bikes................... :idiot2:

YGT

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 06:45 PM »
One of the reasons Taj left HB (From what I understand) was because one batch of the bikes came with the wrong head angle (allot steeper than usual 78HA?) - It looks like your frame may be one of these, which could either make it worth more cash in the future .... or allot less .... depending on what future collectors look for in a frame.

robreid

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 07:03 PM »
oh great my other taj frame is the same so does that make both scrap  ???

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 07:13 PM »
Now that would look awesome next to my KHE zenith. Nice work. Looks great. Id ride it . Real men ride pink.

YGT

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 09:21 PM »
oh great my other taj frame is the same so does that make both scrap  ???

A bike is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
I have no idea how much it's worth or what it may be worth in the future, but at a guess I think the earlier us made HB stuff will fetch more cash. But you also need to ask yourself Is this an investment or an enjoyment?

In regards to the HA .... Get an angle finder and measure the HA.
That way you know if it's over 75 ... It's steeper than it was meant to be.

condor96

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 07:34 AM »
the reason taj left hoffman is because taj really just wanted to do his own thing, and at the time his name was everywhere and a good time to start his own thing with joe rich and rob-o forming t-1.  taj even asked hoffman what to do and mat told him to do his own thing if that would make him happy.

all tajs are 75* head tube angle

:daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Hoffman Taj

gfxgfx
gfx gfx