gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 04:35 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  paint code and stem info
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: paint code and stem info  (Read 731 times)

ratty67vw

paint code and stem info
« on: January 17, 2012, 01:54 PM »
hi would anyone out there in rad land have a paint code for a 1979/ 80 team murry it was a metalic blue
i am also looking for a picture of an origanl team murry stem . if anyone can help that would be great
thanks

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Re: paint code and stem info
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 02:16 PM »
Ask superbikedan,if you provide him with a good pic he'll be able to sort it for you, also try Andy (58delray)as he loves his Murry's  :daumenhoch:
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

deeman

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 09:04 PM »
Is there any original paint on the bike?if so take it to your local bodyshop supplies company and ask to have a look at blue colour swatches,you will almost certainly find a match,take the swatches and frame into the daylight when you do it though! :daumenhoch:

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 09:36 PM »
Speak to Meticulous (Sam) as he did a real nice Blue Team Murray and matched the blue to perfection  :daumenhoch:

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 10:28 PM »
my Team Murray had a Sugino stem on it the one with the crown logo , still got the top of it i think,   a lot of the finished ones i've seen have a goosneck stem on ? maybe different spec between us and uk models ?   

ratty67vw

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 12:19 AM »
thanks for the replys
unfortunately there is no paint on the frame as its been sand blasted .  :(

as for the stem on the murry it did have a gooseneck on it when i got it (many many years ago  :laugh: )
 i am looking for a picture of one to see if i still have the origanal in the boxes of parts i have
from when i was a lad .
been searching around my sheds and found the origanal crank/ pedals/  lester mags /and handle bars . im amazed i found so much of it after slmost 30 years of it being stripped down .
 i have still got to find front forks /tires and a front brake (may not have had one origanally) and a seat for it . :D :D
i thought restoreing vws was fun

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  paint code and stem info

gfxgfx
gfx gfx