gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 10:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Spin Tri spoke Carbon Wheels - any good? -
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Spin Tri spoke Carbon Wheels - any good? -  (Read 2531 times)

FuNMoNsTeR

Spin Tri spoke Carbon Wheels - any good? -
« on: June 09, 2006, 04:18 PM »
I am in the process of buying a GT speed series with Spin wheels. Are these wheels any good for racing? ???

blindingsun

Re: Spin Tri spoke Carbon Wheels - any good? -
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 08:08 PM »
they are heavy, sound terrible.. ....look cool though
i used to have a set on my mountain bike..

Offline showtime

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 07:30 AM »
the 20" ones are nice, i sold a set to one of the guys at work to go on the GT powerbox bike i also sold him  :daumenhoch:

so far they seem pretty light, pretty stiff & they roll very well on a decent set of precision bearings, they are bolted in from the side as they run quite a thick alloy axle,  apparently the shape is very aerodynamic too ( apparently  ::) ) he's well happy with them & they look real nice on the bike  :coolsmiley:

the new price of them back in about 95/96 was about £300 a wheel  :shocked:

Offline showtime

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 07:37 AM »
just remembered, they also made these in fibreglass as well!

the long strand carbon fibre & the fibreglass whels look almost identical too  :shocked:

if they still have the stickers on the carbon ones will say CR150 (for carbon 1.5" wide) or CR175
the fibreglass will say FR150 or FR175, blue stickers for carbon & green for fibre  ;)
if they are not stickerd up though it will be hard to tell, but both are good, its just nice to think you have the carbon ones  :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Spin Tri spoke Carbon Wheels - any good? -

gfxgfx
gfx gfx