gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Pro Class rim restoration.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Pro Class rim restoration.  (Read 728 times)

TIMMO1966

Pro Class rim restoration.
« on: January 07, 2012, 02:07 PM »
Hi Guys,i made a start on my Pro Class rims today which are pretty beat up,but straight with loads of small scratches and nicks which are repairable,and after an hour and a half there is a difference to when i started but i need some advise.I have a bench grinder 3000 rpm with 4 inch mops about an inch wide,green soap to start and blue to finish.The sides of the rims have turned out amazing but at the rate of what i have done it will take about 10 hours to finish so is there any way to speed up the process or am i doing something wrong or maybe a wider mop?

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Pro Class rim restoration.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 01:05 AM »
The sides wll be be coming up a treat because the brakes will have worn through the  silver annodise .

The thing is you need to strip the anno off the  rest of the rims to expose the bare alloy to then polish up

Oven pride or Caustic is needed to strip /prep these first

There's a resto thread how to do the process  :daumenhoch:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=17958.0
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 01:07 AM by Hunterdubber »

TIMMO1966

Re: Pro Class rim restoration.
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 06:10 PM »
Thanks for the reply,i have some oven pride so will give it a go

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Pro Class rim restoration.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx