gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975652 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 04:53 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Pop goes the weasel
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Pop goes the weasel  (Read 1645 times)

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Pop goes the weasel
« on: January 02, 2012, 03:19 PM »
So Christmas morning came and i charged down the stairs to open a plethora of brown cardboard boxes printed with various designs and brand names but all bmx related 
:smitten:

A few hours into my build the time comes to fit the wheels. Rims, check. Rim tape, check. tyres, check. Innertubes.... innertubes?... noooooo! how could i have been so stupid! where am i going to get innertubes on Christmas day?!

After a frustrating search through the spares box in the shed i am left with one brand new cheapo tube and a second hand kenda tube in decent nick. Do i want to soil My lovely new build with second hand parts, hmmm

All of a second later the suspense is too much and i decide to push on with the build and jump in the car, heading to the local petrol station.

All starts well, i put 10 psi in to get things seated and straight. Right i think, crank the machine up to its max 80psi and press on...
The machine beeps to tell me its done, i stand back to admire how straight i had got things first time round then roll the wheel over to check the other side.... OMFG! :shocked:

Things are not straight, not by a long shot, not unless you call a bulge the size of a melon ok. Before i could get to the valve the most almighty of explosions echos around the surrounding buildings and sends me flat on my arse shellshocked like a scene from saving private Ryan.

The underwater humming sound fades and i check my new rim. Thank fook there is no damage. I decide its best to make a hasty retreat before the petrol station guys comes out to bollock me  ;D

Life lesson learnt guys, check, check and double checkand dont use cheap tubes  :2funny:

If you have made it this far, well done, im guessing it was funnier being there than reading my GCSE c grade English  ;)
Anyway here's how she sits now  :smitten:

Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Pop goes the weasel
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 03:26 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: she's a beauty!!! But bring your bars back, they should be inline with your forks as a rough guide  :daumenhoch:

Clean

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 03:29 PM »
Love it!  :smitten:

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 03:29 PM »
Bike looks nice :daumenhoch:
Where's the park?

Offline Biggeorge

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 04:27 PM »
luvvly!! :smitten: :smitten:

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 04:34 PM »
Bike looks nice :daumenhoch:
Where's the park?

Looks like platt fields Manchester?

Bike looks nice but pull the bars back please....  :police:

Did you need a halflink chain?
2 minutes turkish...

mamadirt

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 04:41 PM »
That looks fantastic  :daumenhoch:   So tempting to go for colour overload nowadays but that looks very clean.

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 05:51 PM »
Cheers all, was expecting the bar remarks  ;D Its not all buttoned up and totally ready to ride yet so i will tweek the bars. I went for a cult 510 standard chain in the end, seems decent enough and my Christmas spending was getting worrying.

It is Plattfields, well spotted Betty. Its like a lake at the moment, it will take weeks to dry out. Today has been the first dry and bright day to get a snap since Christmas

So happy with my build, its hard to envisage how everything will look when you are buying all your bits on the net. Was worried it may be too much white but i think the little black accents and gumwalls balance it nicely.

Also, can i just say the TRP fx950 brake i went for is fooking ace! so much nicer than the usual clutch of brakes on the market at the mo, even the Oddy evo2  :daumenhoch:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 05:58 PM »
Did you carry into the park? Those tyres look very white  ;)

Is it a WTP cream? Love the look of that frame!  :daumenhoch:

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 06:00 PM »

It is Plattfields, well spotted Betty.

Do i win a prize....  :LolLolLolLol:
2 minutes turkish...

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 06:10 PM »
Yep, carried it to the park. Had to get a few decent pics before i got her filthy  ;D Was hoping to get it in this months BOTM. Didn't realise the closing date was yesterday. Nevermind, with that Knightgoose my WTP cream wouldn't have stood a chance anyway
 :smitten:

How does the remainder of my selection box sound Betty? I think i have a fudge and a picnic left  ;)

Toblerone

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 06:14 PM »
Nice. I like the colour combo :daumenhoch:

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 06:40 PM »
Some more pics  :daumenhoch:

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 06:54 PM »
How does the remainder of my selection box sound Betty? I think i have a fudge and a picnic left  ;)

Sweet...  :4_17_5:

Get yerself to the lock in at Blackpool later this month...  :daumenhoch:
2 minutes turkish...

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 07:09 PM »
Oooooo Schweet  :coolsmiley:

Betty's an eagle eyed fooker , I tell thee  ::)  :D

and he's right get yourself to the Rampcity kock in (27th Jan )for an indoor ramp do with the oldies  ;)

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 09:55 PM »
 :4_17_5:   love that ,    vnice   :daumenhoch:

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 10:15 PM »
ive done the tyre thing..shits you right up doesnt it :LolLolLolLol:

top looking machine..bang tidy :daumenhoch:

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 10:44 PM »
Ha yeah, was surprised at how loud it was. Proper new underpants time. The tube was totally shredded!  :D

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 10:55 PM »
Had one of mine go bang in the car in the sun, made me Fooking jump while I was driving!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Pop goes the weasel

gfxgfx
gfx gfx