gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 11:33 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Falcon ID & Model Pictures - Please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Falcon ID & Model Pictures - Please  (Read 806 times)

greentoad

Falcon ID & Model Pictures - Please
« on: June 08, 2006, 04:05 PM »
Hi all

I have found some bits today including a Falcon (model ?) and a set of black Araya's.

I am only after the Araya's but will need to buy the lot though, including a NOS black front Lester mag (anyone want one?)

The Falcon is Frame and Forks, non loop in chrome. It has a round top tube with an oval downtube and very nice welds. No stickers on it but a riveted badge on the front (great condition). It also has a takagi crank, sr pedals and good spider with a thin chain wheel and thin chain wheel guard. The only ID I could find was on the outside of the left rear dropout - G0484 (any ideas what this means?) - Is it April (04) 1984 (what's the G?) or July (G) 1984 but then what's the 04?

I think it might be a Falcon Pro. The condition is very good and looks the same as the only bike in the museum that I could compare it too. It also has no gusset support like other Falcon's. Any advice and approx worth, so as I can then see if it's worth the deal.

Sorry no pictures, but any help would be appreciated in saving another old school bike.

Thanks,

J.

Frosty

Re: Falcon ID & Model Pictures - Please
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 04:16 PM »
The Theta and Omega bikes had the oval tubing, the Omega is the range topper and a nice bike too - look in the museum I'm sure there is one there

greentoad

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 04:24 PM »
Hi all

It looks like this - http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=2076.0 (no gusset) but as it's such a small picture, I can not be certain.

What is the Theta like? Any one got any help (from the above description) or pictures of models. If I don't deal asap, I think that it might be skipped  :-[

J.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 05:09 PM »
Hi ya mate!

Sorry to hyjack your post but i took some pictures of my Beat with those nice acorns on.......ride well smooth mate! took it out with the Mrs over the weekend.......turned some heads in the park........so did the Beat!   ;)

greentoad

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 05:39 PM »
Hi Pickle

Glad that they are of use, I spent quite a long time cleaning them up and must say, on your ride they look great. I shouldn't really of let them go  ;)

I have have the Falcon and Araya's. Araya's are mine, and another Rad member may be interested in the F & F, but if not if anyone wants it (not after much) let me know as I need to shift some stuff.

I will also let go the crank, chain wheel and guard (it is very small and looks better then the pictures show) -

Anyone want stuff let me know, or i'll polish it up over weekend along with some other stuff and have to put it on the bay -

J.

madall

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 08:05 PM »
Thats a Falcon Pro Theta mate oval bottom tube and a round top tube

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Falcon ID & Model Pictures - Please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx