gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975644 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 05, 2024, 03:16 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  My latest build. A 1992 Haro ground master with an 87/88 team master twist!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My latest build. A 1992 Haro ground master with an 87/88 team master twist!  (Read 11282 times)

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
92's are quite rare to find Gary. It is reasonably light though as far as haro's go and good geometry for flatland. Good luck with finding one. I would like to see some pics when it is done!  :daumenhoch:

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
yeah i will  have to keep my eyes peeled for one stu, got a '92 edge done like a '88 master rep +rides  exellent for the bit of flat i do. got it set up with a 1inch threadless stem +fork combo.
would want the chrome rear as mine is only painted  :(

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
Terry thanks for your pm telling me that 87 team masters were only done In yellow. I can tell you your 100% wrong! I had 2 team masters in other colours! The team master was only sold as a complete. Not frame and forks. But you could get the team decal! The frame and forks are no different on a team one compared to a standard one. It's only the team decal down the seat tube. The differences were on the parts that the complete consisted off. The 87 catalogue does have a team one that looks like yours. But they only sold them like that for a few months before bringing out the next version. This appeared in the 88 catalogue. Then halfway through 88 they bought out the last version which had the u brake mounts removed, now known as the 88.5. That was a ploy by Haro as the next master  (89 bashguard) couldn't have ad990 mounts fitted due to the chainline/ bottom bracket arrangement and they didn't want the change back from a u brake to the old style to be a looked upon as a change in the wrong direction.   As you can see the parts on a team master were much better than a standard one. But the bike was a lot more money.

1987 catalogue showing a team master.

1988 catalogue showing a team master. (which they had been selling for most of 1987!) :daumenhoch:

Anyway this is just a 92 retake on the later team 87. The 87 are a sweet ride until the seatpost area cracks. The Haro akilies heel! I'm waiting to see yours built up after that chrome job!  :smitten:

I could waffle on about 80's haro's all day. As Robbo will tell you!!  :LolLolLolLol:

This a quote from Howard Radcliffe, Haro UK rider >>>>>  "The 87 Team sport was Black/Turquoise, the 87 Master was Yellow/Black, however there were a couple of pre production models in different colours. I used to ride for Haro/ Skyway in the UK and rode a couple of first samples from the states, so I had a Team Master in Black / Turquoise, which had slightly different studs on the back and slightly different fork pegs (I wonder what happened to that, I've got some photos somewhere!!), Terry Jenkins who was factory Haro in the UK also had one in that colour scheme, which was an even earlier proto, with very different platforms on the rear. I also had a sport that year which was a team model, but in Black/Blue. All the production models that came in were Black/Yellow for the Master and Black/Turquoise for the Sport.

As for the painted/chrome forks issue. All UK bikes and F/F had painted forks, apart from the 88.5 models, which were all painted. I think it depended on which batch you got shipped from the factory to be honest"

« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 10:12 PM by FreestyleRider »
BANNED

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
Terry. Stop being a numb nuts! And read my post!  :LolLolLolLol:

I said I bought mine mid 87! It was black and chrome!  Then the other one was late 87 in teal.  Just the same as the 88 catalogue. The early 87 ones may have been only in yellow but midway through 87 they were teal, or black,
Just like the one that Dennis McCoy rode.  (you just can't beat a bit of video evidence if you really want me to prove it)
Cheers stu :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 03:40 AM by discostu »

PaulM

That looks bloody nice!

Cheers Paul

welsh denny

mint.  :4_17_5:

deeman

beautiful bike!and Lucas..black is black mate! :daumenhoch:

Offline sparkysx

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
What forks are those Stu?

Offline sparkysx

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Nevermind I see it in the spec!  ::)

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
They came off my mirra pro series. They are 1"1/8th. They were on several of the other mirra bikes. But not all of them had ad990 mounts. Cheers stu

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
Omg. That is two comments on Haro builds that are complimentary. Are you feeling ok me old mate!  :LolLolLolLol:

Did you get the seat?  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
That looks Awesome stu!  :daumenhoch:

Offline sparkysx

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
They came off my mirra pro series. They are 1"1/8th. They were on several of the other mirra bikes. But not all of them had ad990 mounts. Cheers stu

lol, you knew exactly why I was interested in those forks!

Banachek BMX

That Stem, blows my mind. Awesome job :smitten:

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
Thanks. For the nice comments.  :4_17_5:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  My latest build. A 1992 Haro ground master with an 87/88 team master twist!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx