gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 03, 2024, 07:53 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  DK General Lee :: sunny pics 19/2 ::
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: DK General Lee :: sunny pics 19/2 ::  (Read 25836 times)

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Re: Finally landed a DK General Lee
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2011, 03:56 PM »
It's a 1 1/8" - does look like a 1" though :) The General only ever came 1 1/8", you can get 1" DK Pro's (the frame that the Generals were based on - basically they're a beefed up version of the DK Pro - the 1" Pro's are Kastan made).

Decals - if you mean the OG one's (that are on the Ride bike) then sadly there just aren't any floating around (unless someone here's got some). I can trace off, scan and rattle you up some .ai files if you want someone to repop em for ya though :)

Which reminds me - who on here's got the NOS S.O.B.? Really, really would like some close ups of the decals so I can repop 'em for my SOB ;)
Im in no rush fella so if you get some spare time then that would be awesome, got someone here that can print them for me

Is the SOB the one with the oversized downtube?

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2011, 03:58 PM »
Will do then fella - might take a bit, but no worries :)

Yeah - although not just oversize DT, oversize bloody everything ;), good old Colin Winkleman's sig frame - here's mine all naked :( :

Came out the same time as the General :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 04:00 PM by dannywhac »
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2011, 04:01 PM »
that lower wishbone is an interesting construction. I like things like that, bit of intrest, something newschools dont seem to do, you could resticker most new schools as something different and you would never know

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2011, 04:07 PM »
True :) I think that's down to new-school innovates with frame geometry and materials, whereas mid school sided on the strength side of things - hence the sometimes bizzare looking (and heavy as fook) frames ;)

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2011, 04:50 PM »
I remember when the SOB frame came out and how bad I wanted a General Lee in that sexy orange paint do... RIP Colin Winkelman, what an awesome rider he was.

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2011, 05:06 PM »
i found my iron cross pedals. not too bad condition, 2 pins missing from 1 pedal and 1 pin missing from the other. their for 3 piece cranks and weigh a ton. any good for you? i'll get some pics later.

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2011, 05:08 PM »
i found my iron cross pedals. not too bad condition, 2 pins missing from 1 pedal and 1 pin missing from the other. their for 3 piece cranks and weigh a ton. any good for you? i'll get some pics later.
yeah pics would be great fella

lk_97

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2011, 05:13 PM »
I remember when the SOB frame came out and how bad I wanted a General Lee in that sexy orange paint do... RIP Colin Winkelman, what an awesome rider he was.

Just read about him, what a shame :-\

griff

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2011, 05:45 PM »
nice one Jaymz - interested to see how this turns out  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2011, 05:57 PM »
Its going to look old worn and heavily over engineered!!!!! no resto back to new with this one

griff

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2011, 06:02 PM »
Its going to look old worn and heavily over engineered!!!!! no resto back to new with this one
what about some 'dukes of hazzard' air horns?

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2011, 06:13 PM »
what about some 'dukes of hazzard' air horns?

ha ha Im tempted, but this build really isnt going to be pretty, its n exercise in mid school modifications

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2011, 07:31 PM »

Just read about him, what a shame :-\

A tragedy mate. Do some research if you're not familiar with Colins career. Arguably the first person to pull a double flip waaaaayyyy back in about 95 or something. Flairs all over the place when people weren't really doing that, and big big banging gaps and transfers. Not to forget a world record long jumper.

Too many people associate him with jumping moving ramps and that annoys me a little bit. That was just a tiny part of what he was.

It's gingerholmes who has the NOS SOB.  As I recall it amused Alex a great deal when I mentioned on here that I'd made him buy it  :)

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Re: Finally landed a DK General Lee :: NEW PICS & full spec
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2011, 05:38 PM »
So it landed at work today, quick finger tight build up and look over and this what there is

2002 DK General Lee frame, forks and stem, very chipped and scratched, but no dinks, cracks or rewelds that i can see]
Volume Kris Bennet Bars
FSA The Pig DH Pro Headset
Primo lever
Odyssey Evolver Rear brake
Odyssey Giro G3 and cables
Demolition cranks with a sealed BB [unsure of brand]
Kink 36t sprocket
KMC kidney shaped chain
Chrome freewheel [cant see brand through the dropout]
Sun ZX25 rim laced tosealed  unbranded hub with odyssey path tyre [front]
Alex Supra J laced to a sealed prolite stealth hub with a primo V monster tyre
Mutiny Seat clamp
Kink micro adjust seatpost
Odyssey saddle

It weighs in at 15.5kg / 34lbs on the scales at work but definately doesnt feel that heavy will weigh on the floor scales next time

some pics

« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 05:41 PM by Jaymz »

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2011, 05:50 PM »
Not bad stuff on that bike fella  :daumenhoch:

The front wheel is stock (the hubs a Formula hub), and you've got (if I spy the bevelled edge correctly) a DK Jumping Stem (which didn't come as stock - released in early 1998 and a v nice stem - you can flip it as well).

rad_pitt

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2011, 05:52 PM »
Nice is that J  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2011, 05:57 PM »
Not bad stuff on that bike fella  :daumenhoch:

The front wheel is stock (the hubs a Formula hub), and you've got (if I spy the bevelled edge correctly) a DK Jumping Stem (which didn't come as stock - released in early 1998 and a v nice stem - you can flip it as well).
that explains why the DK logo is on the bottom of the stem as well! I was wondering.

I'm really liking the hotch potch of parts on it, Im actually disappointed theres not more stock parts on it for me to change to be honest. Definately need a chainring as 36 16 isnt great. I was just totting up the total of parts worth and You'd probably spit feathers if you knew what i picked this up for complete

Even came with a bloody great big coated chain and expensive padlock with three keys, pair of demolition pegs, spares for the oddy brake, and a london mod, and spare links for the chain

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2011, 06:08 PM »
I'll sort you out with a sprocket then fella - no troubs.

Just noticed the top-cap on those forks as well - that looks like a screw on DK one - any chance of a piccy of the dropouts on the forks? Think you might also have DK Street forks on the bad-boy as well ;)

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2011, 06:21 PM »

Just noticed the top-cap on those forks as well - that looks like a screw on DK one - any chance of a piccy of the dropouts on the forks? Think you might also have DK Street forks on the bad-boy as well ;)
the fork cap is a chunky monkey fair do's, I noticed in the little box of bits he supplied I got the Pig star nut and top nut. will go and get it out the car and get some pics, mrs now knows as the littun dropped me in it, lmao

rad_pitt

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2011, 06:26 PM »

the fork cap is a chunky monkey fair do's, I noticed in the little box of bits he supplied I got the Pig star nut and top nut. will go and get it out the car and get some pics, mrs now knows as the littun dropped me in it, lmao

So much for bringing it in piece by piece mate  :LolLolLolLol:

Sounds like a score and a half here  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2011, 06:48 PM »
Yeah bringing it in bit by bit went wrong, but seem to have gotten off lightly as she said you shouldve bought another shed for your bikes instead, so I take that as i can have another shed to fill with bikes then!!

Here you go Danny, enthrall me with your wisdom, especially as to why there is a C on both rear dropouts??? And scored on the freewheel, its an ACS Claws.. SSSSssswwweeeeeeett!!

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2011, 06:58 PM »
That's the first time in years anyone's mentioned my name and enthralling in the same sentence (then again I've been with the missus for 8 years, so there's the answer ;) )

Score on the extra shed  :daumenhoch: And on the freewheel - nice - can't go wrong with a Claw :)

Them forks are the later version DK Dirt Forks - came out around the same time as the frame (and came with it). Full chromo again, can't remember though if they had a machined steerer tube (think they did though).

And as for the 'C' - no idea  :D

Love those stems - got a couple meself - they were £50 when they first came out - rode heavily on two of em and never got bar shift :)

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2011, 07:03 PM »
Nice one, still baffled as to what to do with it long term. In the short term Im going to slap the pair of pegs on and go get some grinding in on the park at the back of my house as i havent got pegs on any other of my rides. think I'll ride it hard for a while and see where it stands after some abuse, as its in a pretty sorry state paint wise and really could do with a powdercoat

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2011, 05:23 PM »
here's a pic of the pedals i have, still spin nice and just need a clean up. can't find the iron cross brake mod i made just yet, it's probably hiding in my shed but i will find it.

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2011, 06:03 PM »
sweet mate, how much for the weighty bad boys?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  DK General Lee :: sunny pics 19/2 ::

gfxgfx
gfx gfx