gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 11:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Elina LB Question.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Elina LB Question.  (Read 891 times)

smoothblue

Elina LB Question.
« on: November 20, 2011, 11:13 PM »
Does any one  know the differences between a Copy Elina LB and the real deal. If so what are they ?  :-[

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Elina LB Question.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 11:26 PM »
Good question

They seem to keep finding these NOS Elina seats in the Far east on Ebay

Now is it because they were originally manufactured over there and this is still surplus stock

or

Is it because the Far east is THE land of replicating

Sceptical ?

Of course I am  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 03:11 PM »
The ones I have seen from the east seem to be the real deal, if not they are damn good copies.  There's a lot of o/s stuff in warehouses and old bike shops over there that got dumped when the arse dropped out of bmx in the late 80's; they are only just discovering there's actually a market for a lot of it so it's coming out now.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 03:18 PM »
its just not worth reproducing a few odd items even at inflated costs,the initial cost of setting up moulds etc far out weighs the profit,id say 99% sure that those on the bay are genuine,like already mentioned the far east is abundant with os oddities especially as alot of it was manufactured over there.
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 05:43 PM »
its just not worth reproducing a few odd items even at inflated costs,the initial cost of setting up moulds etc far out weighs the profit,id say 99% sure that those on the bay are genuine,like already mentioned the far east is abundant with os oddities especially as alot of it was manufactured over there.

I agree with you guys on the ample surplus amounts , I mean just look at how much Shiners have been releasing to Skatepool , Alans,etc,etc  for the last 10 years

As for setting up moulds though ,, the machinery and jigs could have been bought from the factories though .
Just look at all the repop Hutch pedals etc and repop Kashimax Aeros all from the original machinery  :)

This question about stuff from the east has been discussed before , just thought we could add some conspiracy this time round  :D

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 12:34 PM »

I agree with you guys on the ample surplus amounts , I mean just look at how much Shiners have been releasing to Skatepool , Alans,etc,etc  for the last 10 years

As for setting up moulds though ,, the machinery and jigs could have been bought from the factories though .
Just look at all the repop Hutch pedals etc and repop Kashimax Aeros all from the original machinery  :)

This question about stuff from the east has been discussed before , just thought we could add some conspiracy this time round  :D

Thing is that Kashimax have never stopped making the Aero saddle as it's been a firm favourite of the track racing crowd in Japan (Keiron racing) since the 80's.  I think JDB had to have new tooling made for the Hutch pedals but could be wrong.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

smoothblue

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 09:28 PM »

Relieved it was nothing obvious. would have felt like a right numpty!
Thanks for your input guys.:daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Elina LB Question.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx