gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 07:12 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  WeThePeople Crysis 10 any good?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WeThePeople Crysis 10 any good?  (Read 1430 times)

Offline skki3330

• Flip-Whip
  • Love Riding Old Bikes
  • Rated:
WeThePeople Crysis 10 any good?
« on: November 20, 2011, 03:33 PM »
Well as i said before looking for a new school ride been offered a WeThePeople Crysis 2010 are they any good?
WANTED

SE Powerwings
Holeshot RF-1
Vincent Freestylers Gen 1 and Gen 2

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: WeThePeople Crysis 10 any good?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 07:21 PM »
They're alright.

I'd check for things like real proper sealed bearings in the wheels. Some stuff is marketed as sealed/semi sealed and what you actually are buying is loose ball hubs with a seal, as opposed to nice machined hubs with cartridge bearings within.

Get familiar with frame geometry too, .1" or .2", .5deg here and there makes a world of difference.

Personally, I'd always be looking to buy a full cromo frame & fork. I'm not into all this 1 or 2 cromo tube malarky.

Offline skki3330

• Flip-Whip
  • Love Riding Old Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 08:21 PM »
Thank for the advice fella  :daumenhoch:
WANTED

SE Powerwings
Holeshot RF-1

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 10:30 PM »
No worries bud.

There is one more thing;  I'm quite a big advocate of just getting on with it too.... I've bought my bikes based upon what companies I'd like to support. So since my return to riding I've only bought Hoffman, Macneil, Standard and S&M. They've all been quite different, but I've learnt to ride them regardless. However, I now know I like 20.75" - 21", a longish rear end and a low BB height. A bit old fashioned some might say. Bit like meself...

You won't necessarily know what you like yet, but you can get a bit of a head start over us that just had to ride bikes and work it out from scratch. As a general rule of thumb, assuming you're of average height, stuff over 20.5" will suit, coupled with a 74.5 or 75 degree head angle. You can relax the head angle a bit by running a fat tyre up front and a skinny out back, that'll take some of the twitch out. It seems to me that older returnees don't like the high BBs of modern bikes, so try and get as close to 11.5" as you can. I wouldn't worry too much about the rear end length as long as it falls into average parameters as you really need to know yourself as a rider to be able to feel the difference in back ends. In my opinion of course...

So, decide on a firm you'd like to support then start checking out shapes and sizes. Under 20.5 or over 21 isn't going to suit unless you're under 5'6" or over 6', 75.5 deg headtube I can almost guarantee you'll hate too. With all that in mind, find the model that fits the bill.

One last thing;  any shop that can't give you these statistics and/or competent advice doesn't deserve your money.....

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 08:24 PM »

twobob is trying to say FBM but is scared to upset the cool kids

Offline skki3330

• Flip-Whip
  • Love Riding Old Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 09:40 PM »
Cheers for all the help guys i just bagged an Eastern Ace Of Spades on rode a couple of times i paid £220 good deal???
WANTED

SE Powerwings
Holeshot RF-1

Offline dubber

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 04:31 PM »
pics then mate!!. :daumenhoch:

Offline skki3330

• Flip-Whip
  • Love Riding Old Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 10:09 PM »
pics then mate!!. :daumenhoch:

Will do a soon as i can get to pick it up :)
WANTED

SE Powerwings
Holeshot RF-1

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  WeThePeople Crysis 10 any good?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx