gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 10:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Common os seatpost size?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Common os seatpost size?  (Read 1270 times)

lk_97

Common os seatpost size?
« on: November 18, 2011, 07:32 PM »
Thinking of making some seaposts(laybacks, straight ones) as a bit a thing to do on the side and was wondering on the standard seatpost size for an os bike?

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • who the fook are you lookin at !!!!
  • Rated:
Re: Common os seatpost size?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 07:34 PM »
22.2mm diameter  :daumenhoch:
Ride it like its stolen

lk_97

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 07:36 PM »
Thanks! Do you think it would be worth doing financially?

:daumenhoch:

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • who the fook are you lookin at !!!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 07:38 PM »
probs not worth doing to be honest
Ride it like its stolen

lk_97

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 07:39 PM »
Didn't think so to be honest :-\ not exactly hard to find... Oh well was just a thought

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 07:54 PM »
Thanks! Do you think it would be worth doing financially?

:daumenhoch:

I made a load of them,still got loads left :D

Was charging £12 for them,fook all profit :(,should have stuck some Hutch stickers on them could have got a lot more :D

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 02:40 AM »
I bought 2 off the bay for £15, £3 post so the computer says nooooooooooooooo. :daumenhoch:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

deeman

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 10:14 PM »
As above Lucas,it wouldnt be worth it!too cheap and readily available! :daumenhoch:

lk_97

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 07:02 AM »
That's what I'm thinking mate, would like to make something for a bmx though, but probably not worth it

Lucas. :daumenhoch:

deeman

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 10:15 AM »
its the volume involved,a big manufacture would probably make a few thousand of any given item to be sold worldwide,this brings production costs right down.you would never be able to compete!!better to spend the time riding and improving yer skills!if i was going to produce anything bmx related,it'd probably be t-shirts!!if you can come up with designs that appeal to people,you will always sell them.Its something you can do on a smaller scale,and still make a profit once you have covered the initial outlay of the printing machine and some t-shirts!! :daumenhoch:

lk_97

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 05:16 PM »
its the volume involved,a big manufacture would probably make a few thousand of any given item to be sold worldwide,this brings production costs right down.you would never be able to compete!!better to spend the time riding and improving yer skills!if i was going to produce anything bmx related,it'd probably be t-shirts!!if you can come up with designs that appeal to people,you will always sell them.Its something you can do on a smaller scale,and still make a profit once you have covered the initial outlay of the printing machine and some t-shirts!! :daumenhoch:

Yeah i know mate, especially now with the amount of companies making dirt cheap frames! I'm thinking of getting some tops printed because I found 2 i wanted to buy, but one is £60 inc. postage! Yes you read right, 60. And the other is sold out!

Lucas. :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Common os seatpost size?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx