gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 05:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Love this new frame whats your thoughts?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Love this new frame whats your thoughts?  (Read 3142 times)

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Love this new frame whats your thoughts?
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2011, 08:53 PM »
:) Press fit Euro bbs have been around for years,mostly on roadbikes.Same old small bearing probs though :daumenhoch:

Fcuking road bikes can keep 'em then.

This sort of thing gives me the bollockache. We have a new industry standard now, nice and simple and the bearings hold up well enough. If this is one of their 'unique selling points' they can ram it up their wrong 'un.

gobshite

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2011, 08:57 PM »
baffles me why they'd make such a foolish decision,

talk about starting off on the wrong foot.....

lk_97

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2011, 09:01 PM »
Annoys me too, nice frame, but they kill the whole thing with a crap bb?!

lodge

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2011, 09:13 PM »
baffles me why they'd make such a foolish decision,

talk about starting off on the wrong foot.....

If a company knew nothing about bmx and its history it probs wouldn't seem like a bad decision i.e. why's everybody using these big heavy bearings when we can use these light small ones and the bonus is we are the only company selling them, hey presto weve knocked 2 ounces off. and lets be honest the kids will buy it, unknown might have had shortfalls but it certainly wasn't in frame sales.

On a positive I do like the matt paint  :)

baldbmxer

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2011, 09:17 PM »
Looks like 'everything else' these days

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2011, 09:24 PM »
 :) BB changes are happening in the BMX racing world with the BB30 system-a 30mm hollow crank spindle and Spanish size press-fit bearings.Only a few manufacturers are going with it at the moment.

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2011, 09:29 PM »
Someone facebook Rob Darden quick and tell him he's in mortal danger everytime he rides his frame
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2011, 09:42 PM »
Someone facebook Rob Darden quick and tell him he's in mortal danger everytime he rides his frame

For when  first news breaks of damage  :crazy2:

Betty's  poised  ready to start a thread as we speak  :D

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2011, 09:48 PM »
:) BB changes are happening in the BMX racing world with the BB30 system-a 30mm hollow crank spindle and Spanish size press-fit bearings.Only a few manufacturers are going with it at the moment.

Yes Cannondale invented the BB30 system, I have it on my 09 Synapse Road bike & a few other companies are also using it.

I don't see why they can't just get one BB type for all bikes, like the US or Mid, so simple  8)

Or is that to simple  :-\

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2011, 10:22 PM »
Think CSG/FSA are pushing the BB30 but most brands seem happy with the EX-type/Hollowtech system.

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2011, 11:12 PM »

For when  first news breaks of damage  :crazy2:

Betty's  poised  ready to start a thread as we speak  :D

I'm staying out of it... for a change...  ;D

Fooking press fit euro bb's...  :wtf:

2 minutes turkish...

Nana

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2011, 09:29 AM »
Frame was released in june 2011 and i googled Guerra bmx break snap weak etc and nothing?  if they were breaking i would think it would be mentioned by now

Frame comes with lifetime warranty so they say.

And the euro fit bb in their add in ride uk they call it a maltese bb (euro without the cups apparently  ::))

ps i must admit the bb has put me off a little  :-\
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 09:51 AM by The-flying-banana! »

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2011, 11:52 AM »
Nana, honestly mate there's loads of cool new frames out there from firms you've actually heard of. All the little touches you like about this one can be found elsewhere I guarantee it. After all, they're all coming from the same 2 or 3 factories in Taiwan anyways....

As for the BB, I had a Macneil with a euro BB and it didn't give me any trouble, but I'm fairly smooth and don't do any tricks  :-[  But the bearing are tiny and it's no surprise they don't hold up. Almost the entire freestyle industry has adopted the mid BB, every shop carries them, they're the cheapest (even cheaper if you source your own bearings) and they're fundamentally reliable.

There's no need to reinvent the wheel.

As for the frames breaking, well everything breaks. My only concern would be who the distributor is over here and how good they are with their warranty process. It varies widely between distributors, let alone brands.

As for the weight, fcuk weight. I've never weighed a bike in my life. This idea that us fully grown men who presumably are of a certain size and strength and 35+ years old in the twilight of our riding lives will honestly be affected by a couple of lbs here and there is nonsense. It's all in the geometry. All the old schoolers who complain they can't get the front end up on a new school bike just need to look at TT & back end lengths and have a little think. It's all there. If you climb aboard a modern trendy bike with a long long front end, a tiny rear end and a high BB it's going to feel fcuking horrible to most.

So don't.

Do some research, ride someone else's bikes and get a general feel for what's about. You'll soon find summat that works for you.

Stick some Fit FAFS on whatever you ride though, there is some truth to the whole rotating mass argument. I certainly noticed a difference.

Rant over........  ;)

Nana

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2011, 12:52 PM »
Cheers Rob ,

Im not gonna buy it not had the wtp trust that long to justify it just liked the whole gladiator bike thingy ;D

I was honestly thinking of buying some fit fafs  8)

On another note its very fugging cold up here at the minute so was doing some manuals in my kitchen last night ...........while the missus was at tesco's of course  ??? she has not noticed the tyre mark on the ceiling yet as i kinda fell off and the bike shot up 8ft in the air lucky it didnt go throught the ceiling ;D

Pickles got me looking at the other wtp frames now thanks to his post like the Irish one.......maybe in the summer

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2011, 11:23 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Now that IS funny......  :LolLolLolLol:

Ghost Riderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

gobshite

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2011, 11:25 PM »
Cheers Rob ,

Im not gonna buy it not had the wtp trust that long to justify it just liked the whole gladiator bike thingy ;D

I was honestly thinking of buying some fit fafs  8)

On another note its very fugging cold up here at the minute so was doing some manuals in my kitchen last night ...........while the missus was at tesco's of course  ??? she has not noticed the tyre mark on the ceiling yet as i kinda fell off and the bike shot up 8ft in the air lucky it didnt go throught the ceiling ;D

Pickles got me looking at the other wtp frames now thanks to his post like the Irish one.......maybe in the summer

pics.......or it never happened. :-*

Nana

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2011, 09:23 AM »
pics.......or it never happened. :-*

Of what the tyre mark ? Its just a black mark i rubbed the sh!t out of it to get it off........also had to wash the floor as had tyre marks on it too  :)

I dont think the missus would take a pic of me manualing her kitchen somehow  :-\ I might get even more erotic dreams if she catches me  :-\

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2011, 10:49 AM »
If You like the whole Gladiator thing how about this Guerra Triad on sale? Has a Spanish b/b & hasn't got wafer thin tubing  :daumenhoch:

http://www.bmx-shop.com/Guerra-BMX-Triad-Frame/p39298.aspx?utm_medium=email&utm_source=Ruption&utm_campaign=triad+cc-promotion+&dm_i=IRC,LK5M,2RMFMR,1QXWZ,1
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Love this new frame whats your thoughts?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx