gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 12:15 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  What to do?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What to do?  (Read 749 times)

Offline AllAzusacroozer

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
What to do?
« on: October 10, 2011, 09:08 AM »
Well, I picked this up on ebay over the weekend, listed as a 24" mountain bike so probably missed by most.  Its a 2000 Freeagent Eluder Cruiser.

Thing is, the rear hub is a Shimano Nexus, geared and has a coaster brake!

I bought it thinking i would give it its dignity back and replace the hub and make it back into a real BMX, but it makes a lot of sense to sort the gears (cable is missing) and leave it as is - Though im not sure i can live with the coaster brake.

So the question is what do i do with it?  anyone know anything about Shimano nexus rear hubs?  could i keep the gears and loose the coaster brake? What's peoples thoughts

Offline AllAzusacroozer

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: What to do?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 03:20 PM »
posted this freeagent cruiser just after i got it  (from the bay for £27.90)

A few new bits and a rattle can or 2 later, ta da.

Inspired by the yellow brakes and a Jim Clark t shirt i saw i decided to do a classic lotus look for transport at the le Mans classic this year.

From the bike as i bought it i put some ebay ns wheels on as the originals have a 7X look to them so i wanted to keep the rims for my Azuza - maybe do some 'proclass' holes, new seat, Chain Ring and Grips.  The stand went on my daughters bike, the bell on the wifes's
and the Shimano nexus 4 speed hub and shifter is on e bay at the minute with the bidding currently at £28.50 ;D
I'm sure its not everyone cup of T, but i think its turned out OK. At least it looks good in the garage next to my 'Gulf' liveried mtb

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: What to do?
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 03:29 PM »
strip it and do it tru style..that paint and graphics are letting it down !!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  What to do?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx