gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 11:14 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Shipping from the US
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Shipping from the US  (Read 324 times)

RichG41

Shipping from the US
« on: October 03, 2011, 09:14 PM »
Hi

Just wondered if anyone had information on shipping a complete bike from the US? The guy selling hasn't sent a complete bike to the UK before and was asking for any advice? To be honest I guess it's simply a case of stripiin it down, wrapping up the parts to stop any damage.

If anyone has recently had a bike shipped and knows the price / size if box required etc etc  could youl let me know?

Thanks in advance

Rich  :)

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Shipping from the US
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 09:24 PM »
Rich

You are right, get them to pack it as small as possible as this saves on the cost of shipping.  I always us USPS for shipping as it is tracked (6-10 day delivery).  I think they collect from the seller also so they shouldn't have to drive to post it.

Remember that it may get caught up in UK Customs in which case you will incur VAT, customs charge and also Parcel Force charge, there isn't really a way to get around this, sometimes you get charged sometimes you don't it seems to be pot luck.  You can ask the seller to declare the parcel contents at $0.00 but then if you have to claim if it goes missing you will get re-imbursed this amount.

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 09:46 PM »
i have a mate that bring a container in every 6 weeks so if your stuck give me a shout  :daumenhoch:

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 09:49 PM »
i have a mate that bring a container in every 6 weeks so if your stuck give me a shout  :daumenhoch:

Bet that is full of drugs and BMX's Andy.  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 09:57 PM »
i have a mate that brings a container full of Mexican's in every 6 weeks so if your stuck give me a shout  :daumenhoch:
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Shipping from the US

gfxgfx
gfx gfx