gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 06:51 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  What Bikes did everyone ride?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What Bikes did everyone ride?  (Read 13334 times)

wolfybmx

Re: What Bikes did everyone ride?
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2006, 07:52 AM »
hey sean. i raced in the southern region. raced both 20 and cruiser classes at regional and national level. dropped the cruiser for a year to race superclass did not do to bad remember winning £10.00 prize money (still living on my winnings ha ha)but that was it. then went back to cruiser for my final year in 1986.
list of rides
halfords turbo (the one with all the sr sakae parts)
mongoose x2
hutch x2
gt cruiser x1
had a really good sponsorship deal from mt racing but just changed the decals on my cruiser as they did not make a cruiser.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 07:55 AM by wolfybmx »

huffy

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2006, 12:21 PM »
few team murray,s out there ,anyone else have bother with frames stayin in one piece

cheerrs   russ

;D

Offline Nosnod

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2006, 12:40 PM »
Started with a Grifter similar to everyone else!

Then as follows:

81 Team Murray (Blue with yellow lester mags)

83 Raleigh Pro Burner (My first race bike and very underated)

83 GT Expert (My race bike for the following 4 years - built up with Araya 1.5's Redline 400's etc)

84 GT Pro Performer (My street & freestyle bike)

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2006, 02:43 PM »
A blue Grifter here too! god it was heavy

then

Alien - (from a catalog! absolute shiite, very thin 6 spoke plastic yellow wheels!)

Tuff Burner (i loved it! and got it chromed, then it snapped)

Yes Titan (used it for a few races before realising it was crap geometry)

Gt Mach One (real nice frame - raced in the yellow and blue gear)

Whitehawk Racing (still got this one - a beauty!)

DP Freestyler (seen in avitar - gutted i sold this to my cousin who trashed it)

AJWD

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2006, 03:06 PM »
I started off with one of these...although mine had the velcro pads

Then within 12 months I was hooked, and bought my MRD from Shiner in Bristol. Bought it all separately, and built it with my old man

Then, when I restored the one above last year I got offered this one as F&F, and rebuilt it with NOS parts.

Preston Pirate

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2006, 04:48 PM »
I started off my BMX racing acreer on a Raleigh Boxer!! I went to the Ribby Racers track with a couple of mate wheo'd staretd racing, I entered a club race and came second, beating both my mates on proper BMX's.

I then got bought a Mongoose Californian as I showed 'great racing potential' did a few more races at Ribby before it got closed down, then moved on to Preston Pirates. I then discovered freestyle and got hold of  GT Pro Performer that got stolen, after that I kind of lost interest but kep using the mongoose as daily transport. I later sold it for £30 to put towards a mountain bike fun - DOH!

I've now got an Aero Reflex and 2 Cali frames (if they ever arrive!) I'm gonna build one cali into a race bike rider and the other will be a full on show queen.

sam hudson

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2006, 07:17 PM »
Red Burner,then Db Sliver Streak,then Firebird Freestyler,then Firebird Delta(re-stickered with Redline Decals ::)).Then A.P.Team Burner (still got).Then gap of twenty years,then 05 Pk Ripper,82 Pk Ripper,82Db Silver Streak(ta Funmonster).
Funny thing is,the Team Burner feels faster than the 05 Ripper.However the 05 Ripper takes me falling off and bleeding on it very well. :4_17_5:

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2006, 02:59 PM »
BMX Magnum 1981(snapped)
Torker 280(stock) 1983
PK Ripper 1984(snapped)
GT Pro 4 1984
Hutch Pro racer(Simon Baileys old one) 1984
Skyway Ta 1984 (Stolen)
Redline 500a 1988(Stolen)
Quadangle 1988(Stolen)
Haro DV8 1991(Stolen)

The Vitus you metioned was made of Duralonix tubing a mixture of fibreglass and carbon/graphite i think. The frames were glued and had no welds ;) Light as fook but a bit prone to flexing.

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2006, 06:12 PM »
They were all rat bikes apart from the Pro-stars when i got the 1st it was new and the other came from a team rider and had all sparkling gold parts till i swapped then all out and the supergoose that i had till i quit in 86. I'd had dib dobs on all the good parts from my mates as they let their bikes go during the couple of years before as i was one of 2-3 from my year at school that kept it up till 86.

Murray
Pro-Star
Nickle Mongoose
Team Pro-star
Kuwahara
Supergoose
Haro freestyler
Supergoose again
Then the TA i bought in the early 90's
i also had some others like a piranha and a Silver streak which were filler bikes while others had been stolen or were waiting replacement parts and probably some others i've forgotten.

Coastvl

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2006, 12:23 PM »
This (both the same bike)

Then these two. Sadly the PK is long gone  :'(

and apparently this is mine too. Just without me on it! :idiot2:

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2006, 12:31 PM »
I started and did most of my racing on a Steve Wilson.  Then took over my brother's Supergoose Pro and sold my wilson.   The Supergoose is long gone, too  :'(

Offline phantom photon

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2006, 02:13 PM »
1st  Ammaco Team Special (nicked)
2nd Condor (bent, snapped & disintegrated!)
3rd Dp  Firebird Freestyler (still have)

Bitd we used to go round in a bmx gang and swapped bikes for a few days at a time so also rode an Ultra Burner, Night Burner, Mongoose Californian, Skyway T/A (always wanted one bitd but could never afford one - until now that is :smitten:), Falcon Pro, Haro Freestyler, Kuwuhara somethingorother and a few others which I can't remember ::)

« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 02:16 PM by phantom photon »

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2006, 12:43 PM »
Christmas 1980 I got a mongoose 2 with blue skyways, broke that frame and ammaco gave me a supergoose 2 frame to replace it. had that nicked from school, done a deal with Richard Barrington at ACE racing and got an ACE bike, broke that and replaced the broken tubes and made the top tube 20", wow that handled line a proline but was soooo heavy, then I rode for HOTSHOT, I got Jane Windles old Race Inc, that was so light but I had trouble getting used to it, I broke that one (sorry Jane), Then a diamond back, then by a stroke of luck I got my stolen goose back. Which I promptly traded and got a Redline Proline 2 Carrerra 2. I broke the forks on that and at the same time I broke my knee so I gave up racing. I sold the proline frame for a tenner....
I now have another redline proline 2 which I am just finishing off and an MCS magnum (Thanks Tony). I hope to shed a couple of stone, give up smoking, drinking, staying up late, supporting THFC, and bolivian marching...get fit and do some racing   ha ha.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 12:46 PM by ratty »
A long time ago, in a land far away!

bof

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2006, 09:53 PM »
few team murray,s out there ,anyone else have bother with frames stayin in one piece

cheerrs   russ

;D
I had five frames from halfords/ Puch ending up with an xc20? like anthony sewel used to use. all for the price of a murray 310. My old man took them to there word about the 10 year frame gaurantee and threatened them with the courts if they didnt replace it. Oh happy days.

jeff spicoli

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2006, 03:07 PM »
Hutch pro racer with tuffs

Haro freestyler

P K Ripper

A few  Torkers

about 6 of G T 's  pro performers

Hoffman Taj

Dayton dk o6

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  What Bikes did everyone ride?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx