gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 07:17 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What a great night
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What a great night  (Read 353 times)

curtispro

What a great night
« on: August 24, 2011, 10:44 PM »
Tonight was gate practice for the boys and as I am on holiday this week I was getting the Curtis pro ready for the london ride, fitted a crank and it was ready to ride, I started to load the car up with the boys 3 bikes, the missus said she was staying at home with the little one so I thought fook it, I will sling in the Curtis, grabbed my helmet and off we went, it was packed when we got there so I left it in the car, but after a while I couldn't help myself, what a response, loads of chats about the old days, people who had one BITD, anyhow, I stuck on the helmet and rolled around the track and I absolutely loved it, first time on a track in 26 years, it's now got a dusting of the peterborough track over it, the best bit was me riding around the track with my 3 sons......... Priceless   :daumenhoch:
This is what building an old school bike is all about, I felt 12 again and was in a world of my own  :2funny:

jbulteel

Re: What a great night
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 07:25 AM »
Sounds like a great night, i took one of my builds to the Le Mans 24hrs race to roll around on. It got so much interest from people. It's amazing how many people still have such great memories about BMX from when they were a kid. They were taking photos and telling me what they rode BITD.

My daughter wanted an old school ride so I am halfway through building her a Falcon Pro mini street styler, she can't wait and has given her imput on colours and parts etc. The bike is 18 years older than her!

It's cool when your kids share your passion and interests.

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 07:26 AM »

:daumenhoch:

the amount of kids who say to me  I wish my dad would come and ride with me rather than sit in front of the telly or go to the pub"

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 08:36 AM »

:daumenhoch:

the amount of kids who say to me  I wish my dad would come and ride with me rather than sit in front of the telly or go to the pub"

x2    having the same interests as our kids is priceless and something they'll also remember for the rest of their lifes and that their dads were cool and rad ,,,,,,,,,,  i for one normally go out on an old school bike with my little lads every Sunday but will miss it like fook as i'm at Radchester this weekend  .
                       Darren  :daumenhoch:
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

Offline Julian347

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 08:48 AM »
At the moment my daughter (4) will only ride on the grass and my son (2) is a demon on his scooter but can't reach the floor on the balance bike.

Looking forward to the day we have our first burn around the block together. I just know the smile on my face will be massive.  :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What a great night

gfxgfx
gfx gfx