gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 03:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  gyro cable buying guide for idiots....ie...me..lol
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: gyro cable buying guide for idiots....ie...me..lol  (Read 333 times)

Offline dubber

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
gyro cable buying guide for idiots....ie...me..lol
« on: August 22, 2011, 07:03 PM »
ok chaps, ive got these 2 bikes (pics) and i want to change the gyro cables and brake-bridge to white or blue, ive never had to buy them before an i dont want to get it wrong, i have a fair idea of what i need but if you can point me in the right direction that would be great..feel a bit of a  :Aresehole: asking but only need to be told once.. :crazy2:
thanks in advance.. :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 03:07 PM by Dubber »

Nana

Re: gyro cable buying guide for idiots....ie...me..lol
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 08:42 PM »
Gyro cables come as upper and lower parts......ie upper cable and lower cable..........your front brake requires a back cable for its length

dont know what you mean by brake bridge but if its the gyro plate you mean the are very hard to get in colours mostly chrome or black or white if you can find em but mostly chrome  :)

Ps dude dont feel embarrased i had to ask a similar question once about a stem with a built in gyro lol
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 08:47 PM by The-flying-banana! »

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 08:48 PM »
Your two bikes are set up differently, the white haro looks like it has two separate lower cables that run through to the brake, the lower haro will run a 2 into 1 lower cable which uses a straddle cable hanger, you can get ones made by fly or proper which come in different colours.

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 08:51 PM »
Off topic a bit Paul but what number is that 2004 Master ?

I had Number 239  8)

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 10:33 PM »
The lower Haro has standard Gyro cables. You can get any really but I recommend Savage cables if you're not after anything with brands i.e Dia-Compe, Odyssey etc......

You will need an EXTRA LONG top cable because of the bars you have. Trust me bro, been there. The lower cable is standard length.

These are the Savage on my Dp  :daumenhoch:

Links to LONG upper and standard lower Gyro cables and rear Savage cable for front potts mod  :coolsmiley:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Savage-Upper-EXTRA-Brake-SVBC03BL/dp/B003660STI
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Savage-Lower-Brake-Cable-SVBC10BL/dp/B00365URKO
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAVAGE-FRONT-REAR-BMX-MTB-BIKE-BRAKE-CABLE-5-COLOURS-/120637203977

Hope this helps for the lower Haro  :daumenhoch:
BANNED

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  gyro cable buying guide for idiots....ie...me..lol

gfxgfx
gfx gfx