gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 03, 2024, 02:36 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hersden to close Old Skool class
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hersden to close Old Skool class  (Read 17774 times)

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: Hersden to close Old Skool class
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2011, 07:21 PM »
Race oop north instead.

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2011, 07:38 PM »
Im so sorry that we couldnt afford to get there Sunday.

I loved racing there, I loved the atmosphere and the crew. but what will be...

Good luck to Hersden and their crew.

But guys, their may still be some life left in OS racing in the south....Just maybe  :daumenhoch:

greenwich ?  :)

B17SSY.T.A

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2011, 02:49 PM »
Fingers crossed on that one !!  :daumenhoch:

billycrabtreeomer

« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2012, 06:59 PM »
This thread is about as sad as you can get , blaming me and a crash i had is really scrapping the bottom of the barrel , you sad old farts.
Think you os lot need to remember when you created a fuss because someone turned up on a os bike that was very similar to your bikes and he could possible do you out of points. You forced him not to race that day, kicking up a stink , throwing toys out of your prams like babies " Mmmm! memories going with old age". Can remember it well , all the shit you caused that day. i was only to pleased to wash my hands of os at the beginning of that season 2010. I got my os South East 1 plate which is now my title forever thanks ,as you lot could never compete at my level :4_17_5:.
You only have your selves to blame and no one else.  :2funny:   ;D

sonic-1

« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2012, 12:50 AM »
This thread is about as sad as you can get , blaming me and a crash i had is really scrapping the bottom of the barrel , you sad old farts.

where in the thred is you and your crash mentioned ???

Think you os lot need to remember when you created a fuss because someone turned up on a os bike that was very similar to your bikes and he could possible do you out of points. You forced him not to race that day, kicking up a stink , throwing toys out of your prams like babies " Mmmm! memories going with old age". Can remember it well , all the shit you caused that day. i was only to pleased to wash my hands of os at the beginning of that season 2010. I got my os South East 1 plate which is now my title forever thanks ,as you lot could never compete at my level :4_17_5:.

well thats nice !!!!!  >:(

You only have your selves to blame and no one else.  :2funny:   ;D

mmmm this bit is true , ues it or lose it !!!! but i realy dont find it to funny  >:(

« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2012, 06:46 AM »
Compete at your level....wow you must have been rad back in the day.

billycrabtreeomer

« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2012, 08:08 PM »
Compete at your level....wow you must have been rad back in the day.

yep i was back in the day and still am thanks , and be back real soon.  :2funny: :2funny:

« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2012, 08:38 PM »
Extremepervert OWNED YOU BACK IN THE DAY...

billycrabtreeomer

« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2012, 05:18 PM »

Yeah what ever !  :Aresehole:

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2012, 07:07 PM »
biily, whats going on mate, you ain't doing yourself any favours acting the way you are at the moment

andy

billycrabtreeomer

« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2012, 09:11 PM »
biily, whats going on mate, you ain't doing yourself any favours acting the way you are at the moment

andy

favor's regarding what, acting like this at mo ,what the hell are you going on about , read the original post i put up, and hold your head in shame ,
 there was kids watching in that day , that's the hole point . It aint my fault it been dropped , Nothing personal to anyone but its not old school
it's dinosaur school dead and out of date like the bikes as lovely as they are thou lol   

raleigh round

« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2012, 06:33 PM »
With regards to Old School Racing at Greenwich in South London, if you pm me a message or leave a phone number,
 ill get back to you asap as im on the commitee at Greenwich BMX,
regards Keith  ;)

spillers#1

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2012, 10:07 PM »
yeah bloody old skool shuffle munsterers   :LolLolLolLol:

oh nearly forgot......did you know i was the british old skool #3  :Great_Britain:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 10:10 PM by spillers#3 »

spillers#1

« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2012, 08:47 PM »
By the way tony and justin are legends and good pals and i have a lot of time for them :daumenhoch:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2012, 06:40 AM »
Billy, whatever went on with you is history, your a good rider, and could do well in a new school class, but dont snipe at the old school. You need to remember old school gave a chance to a lot of riders to get back into this sport. It was a short sighted decision by BCF and Hersden to drop the class. I understand the reasons why Hersden has dropped it, just read this thread!!
Its about time we got over it, I cant see anyone changing their minds about us racing. Gutting as that is.

What people need to remember is its supposed to be fun, a family sport. Discrimination is a heavy word, but about sums up what has gone on with the OS. What harm did the OS ever do to BMX?
In fact, we did a lot for the sport, but thats all been forgotten now.
I wanted to lock this thread to stop anymore rants, but hopefully it can die quietly without the need to lock it.
A long time ago, in a land far away!

billycrabtreeomer

« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2012, 01:49 PM »
Recommendation for Hersden 

1)   Currently Hersden BMX does not have any formal constitution as a club and there are no designated club members with formal responsibilities eg chairman secretary, health and safety and first aid representative etc. While the constitution is not a strict health and safety requirement you still need to identify who is responsible for the health and safety of event participants, spectators and officials. It is recommended that you draw up a club constitution, agree on a set of rules, have a minuted election meeting to appoint officers and produce documented evidence relating to the management of health and safety.

2)   There are no documented risk assessments available for the club activities or events. While you do not employ people you do rely on voluntary help and are in control of the premises leading up to and during events. The Health and Safety Executive consider it good practice for a volunteer user to provide the same level of health and safety protection as they would in an employer/employee relationship. The management of health and safety regulations require people to assess the risks to workers (volunteers) and others who may be affected by the activities you are organising.

It is recommended that you produce documented risk assessments for the hazards and risks posed to users of the track during the events. This should include, track inspection and maintenance on race/training days, electrical safety, starting procedures, pedestrian/vehicle separation, first aid provision and intervention, marshalling and marshalling duties, incident management etc     

You can obtain advice on producing risk assessments here :

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg163.pdf

and advice on the health and safety duties for volunteers and charity workers here :

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/priced/hsg192.pdf

3)   As discussed the RIDDOR regulations place a duty on you to report any incidents that involve the hospitalisation or major injury to anybody during your organised activities whether volunteers or participants. Reporting and advice can be found at  http://www.hse.gov.uk/riddor/index.htm

4)   There remains some confusion about the first aid treatment that Mr Omar received, whether his helmet was removed and by who, whether or not he was insistent on getting up and making his own way to the pavilion and whether the marshals acted responsibly after the accident. You advised me that there were two first aiders on duty at the time of the incident. You were one of them and I have received your training certificate. I have not received one from --------  ------ who was also on duty that day.

The first aid and marshalling personnel on duty at your events should not be participating in the event and should be on duty permanently throughout. You should also seek some definitive advice on the sort of emergency treatment a fallen rider should receive, dependant on circumstances. Although this should be covered by first aid training you can obtain further advice from the training and learning section of SECAMB (south east coast ambulance service ) on 01622 747010.

I shall be sharing my findings with the management of Hersden Neighbourhood Centre,  Sturry Parish Council and Mr Omar. If you require any further assistance please call me on 01227 862215.   

Yours sincerely   

Steve Biggs
Principal Environmental Health Officer
Commercial Health Section,

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2012, 10:49 PM »
There you go Billy mate, it's all about the risk assessment.

Get stuck in there with yo massive skill level's bro....

Ask Russel-what's his name, Andy Russel, off of bmx talk, oldskoolsuxone was it? or big hal or whatever his name is for some input and you'll be away my son.

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2012, 10:50 PM »
Give it large....

Andy Russell, didn't he ride for mongoose in the 80's? Not the same person i 'spect?

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2012, 12:02 AM »
Recommendation for Hersden 

blah blah blah

well that should kill old school, mid school, new school
every bloody school of racing at Hersden

nice one
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2012, 09:15 AM »
Perhaps I should have locked it? :idiot2:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2012, 09:24 AM »
Billy, this is getting a bit ridiculous mate  :daumenhoch:

There was no need to publish those docs but whatever makes you feel better.

At the end of the day IF there were issues on the day that hindered your health, recovery etc then i'm sure that any solicitors etc will weedle them out, where there's blame there's a claim innit  :-\

At the end of the day if there were failings on Hersdens part then i am sure that they have taken advice and put right where reccommendations have been made.

I would have thought that if there are legal cases pending that it is better not to participate in the thread until the claim has been resolved or has it all been resolved already and i would be interested to know the outcome  :daumenhoch:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2012, 11:46 AM »
So BMX can be dangerous then?

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2012, 08:09 PM »
So BMX can be dangerous then?

You'll be thinking of knitting Bob, now thats proper dangerous, you could poke your eye out or stub your finger, dangerous stuff  :angel:

billycrabtreeomer

« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2012, 09:33 PM »
Thanks Ratty , you are faultless with what you say but ,everyone should know what there are letting them selves in for racing at a poorly run club ( is there any member's ? is it a club )were the assigned first aider on the day dose everything else plus race. I know all the risks involved but when your unconscious and then go into a seizure, 999 should be call straight away which is a fact , first aid protocol was not followed.
Plenty of onlooker's from that day later told me of the awful treatment i received that day. 90 % of them are what is considered as sheep in the legal world .Gutted but i was helpless to help myself .Plus that it was considered that the club ( is there any member's ? is it a club )would have to foot the bill for a ambulance so it was being arranged for someone to take me to A E., I probable would have died on rout from internal bleeding.
Having the operating theatre on stand by for 4 days isn't nice to possible remove my kidney. I turned things around with the help of Kings College hospital and avoided that.
Hope they do improve things for the sake of the kids that race there, even thou it out of reach to most locals now.

The document i posted is public to whoever wants it . ;D  ;D

« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:34 PM by RATTY »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hersden to close Old Skool class

gfxgfx
gfx gfx