gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 09:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  whitewall tyres- what ones's and where from....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: whitewall tyres- what ones's and where from....  (Read 419 times)

Offline dubber

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
whitewall tyres- what ones's and where from....
« on: July 26, 2011, 05:50 AM »
Hi, been looking around for some whitewalls to go on my new white tuffs for the retro 09 freestyler, haro multisurface look to be as rare as! And expensive...had a quick look round I've seen Eclat ones on alans bmx and Animal Tom's on Ace bmx in the US..anyone had these or know of similar one's..
I like the 100 odd PSI tyres to take my 15st fat arse..lol..
Cheers,Paul

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: whitewall tyres- what ones's and where from....
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 07:40 AM »
Hi Paul

To be honest with you the new white wall tyres will be great to ride on.........but not with your white flexy tuffs and you definately won't be able to run 100psi in them on Tuffs.  you'll be lucky to run 60psi in them and that'll be pushing it. 

Tuffs aren't designed to have that higher pressures run on them and as they flex like fook you'll end up popping the tyres off your rims and hurting yourself.

:daumenhoch:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 08:01 AM »
^^what Rob said bud^^

When I first got into building everything had Tuffs but you can't run safely above 45 to 50 psi on them as they flex and then the tyre's off the rim and it all ends in pain.

If you want to ride ramps then you want high pressure ramp tyres and to do this you need spokes. I strip down any wheels I'm thinking of riding and re-lace them then get my lbs to final tension the shit out of them so I know they're safe to ride and the tyres protect them fine. Currently jumping the crap out of a set of Araya 7X's no worries with 70psi in my gumwall Dave tyres.

Oldschool tyres look great but also usually end in a trip to A&E!
Still limping......

Offline dubber

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 08:44 AM »
Thanks for the info, does the same apply for normal everyday riding,out with the kids etc??

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 08:52 AM »
be fine for cruising about on  :daumenhoch:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 08:58 AM »
Again, what Rob said!

No problems with Tuffs for cruising and looking cool, just don't go all Hoffman on them and start jumping around in skateparks.... Like I did a few years ago!
Still limping......

Offline dubber

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 09:58 AM »
Again, what Rob said!

No problems with Tuffs for cruising and looking cool, just don't go all Hoffman on them and start jumping around in skateparks.... Like I did a few years ago!

Mate,I'm too old for all that....thanks for your help chaps...tuffs and whitewalls for cruising it is then...

Offline MaD-RoK

• Flip-Whip
  • I think my eyeball is allergic to sperm.
    • +100km BMX Marathon. Donate here....
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 10:28 AM »
I had some of these whitewalls on my old streetbeat rider, they were great for rolling around......

http://www.mailorderbikes.com/m8b639s301p2575/MICHELIN_Diablo_City_20_x_1_75_White_Wall_

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 12:17 PM »
I had a set of Michelin Diabolo

@ £6.99 each you cant go wrong

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx'modelID=24929&utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=Google-Products-UK

*EDIT Oh just like lee has posted!!! There you go a double recommendation, they cant be bad then!!!

twit twoo

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 10:30 PM »
Ive run 80-85 psi on tuffs with no problem. Ran it with a primo wall, but haro multisurface should be up to the job, they are a good solid tyre, but i suppose it depends if you are going to be backflipping over 12 virgins onto a 100m stretch of cobbles.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  whitewall tyres- what ones's and where from....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx