gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 05:19 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Do standards slip as you get older or are you just a cheap bastard?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Do standards slip as you get older or are you just a cheap bastard?  (Read 16975 times)

Rodgy1970

UKoldschool, there's a place for fundamentalist old school bmxers that spend their entire time ranting about everthing and they've a jihad on repops, it's called the bmx society, maybe you should give it a look   :crazy2:

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
You know what i think this place is great cos of all the different parts used on different bike - that's the cool sh!t  :daumenhoch:

and the other thing i like is, that we know not to run our mouths like we are god almighty and make ourselves look like a c0ck  :daumenhoch:

ukoldschool i guess we would have liked you if you didn't run yer mouth like a Cnut  :2funny: the thread idea has brought out some good bits - but sadly none of what you have said  :'(

toll jog on - la la la  :crazy2:

The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

curtispro

Well said bendy, and here's to cheap builds  :daumenhoch:

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
Build what ya like dudes :daumenhoch:
some bikes were good,some were not so good,all are worthy :)

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:

I must say that the cheap builds are definately the 'in thing' these days, I think the oldschool BMX scene in the UK has gone away from the pristine and expensive parts and has landed firmly in the 'build what you had as a kid' instead of the 'build what you always dreamed of'.

I have quite a few bikes, DeCoster, Slingshot, Champion etc etc but my 2 favourites are my Scorpion and my Yamaha.  Both were well cheap to buy and also to rebuild again, but they remind me of a long time ago when the summers always seemed to be hot and sunny and me and my mates used to bomb around the neighbourhood without a care in the world.

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
when we all went on the "wetting the babies head" London ride - it was bloody great - why cos nobody cared what yer rode or how it was put together and with what - yes there were some nice top bikes, but it was the ride and being a part of a gang for the day - the amount you spent on the bike didn't mean sh!t that day - just good old 80's fashion fun  >:D
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
You hit the nail on the head there Bendy :daumenhoch:
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Radchester the same. A mixture of all sorts.

A common interest, no rules, no snobbery, just good craic

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
My de ja vu is having de ja vu.
ding dong

curtispro

I must say that the cheap builds are definately the 'in thing' these days, I think the oldschool BMX scene in the UK has gone away from the pristine and expensive parts and has landed firmly in the 'build what you had as a kid' instead of the 'build what you always dreamed of'.

I have quite a few bikes, DeCoster, Slingshot, Champion etc etc but my 2 favourites are my Scorpion and my Yamaha.  Both were well cheap to buy and also to rebuild again, but they remind me of a long time ago when the summers always seemed to be hot and sunny and me and my mates used to bomb around the neighbourhood without a care in the world.

Bang on, now I have got my original bike restored as It was when I was a kid ( cost my dad £325 BITD) I love rolling around on it with my mates, my kids and their kids, massive grins all round and I enjoyed doing the DP, still cost a few quid to do though  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
My de ja vu is having de ja vu.

D you fancy a bum?

I could murder a lumpy ginger tonight....

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
Pissed myself reading this lot you nutters :2funny:

I personally couldn't give a rat's ass what you lot think of my alloy-cranks and single-pinch 90's cranks and new school tyres and new-school drivetrains, I fookin ride them all properly and enjoy every one of them :daumenhoch:

I fookin hate NOS parts bolted onto a NOS frame that cost a small fortune - a bit of resto yourself here and there, a bit of blast & powder and a bit of imagination and thought and that gets my vote everytime. If you put a cheap part on I don't care as long as you put some soul into it :daumenhoch:

Nuff said :yahoo_silent:
Still limping......

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
i don't think it's yer bike, it's how you shout about it ! it could be nos hutch to rider burner , it's all cool

like spen says - it's got to have a bit of sole in it  ;) 8)

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Lumpy :'(
ding dong

Offline hotdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
  You can't polish a turd, no matter how you you dress it up.   :uglystupid2:
[/quote]

No,but you can roll it in glitter.

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
I'm going back to my taxidermy, think I've got it mastered

ding dong

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
 :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

:wtf: is that taxidermy about, I am sitting here crying with laughter at the faces and that fox is fooking hilarious.  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
I'm. Most proud of my top work

ding dong

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
when we all went on the "wetting the babies head" London ride - it was bloody great - why cos nobody cared what yer rode or how it was put together and with what - yes there were some nice top bikes, but it was the ride and being a part of a gang for the day - the amount you spent on the bike didn't mean sh!t that day - just good old 80's fashion fun  >:D
With you one that one!!! That ride back was a fcuking laugh... What a good day out.. And we have the picture to,don't we aguff..we build and by what we can!! I remember most of the cheap bikes from my youth... This is a fcuking windup!!!! ;D
Griff loves BUM..

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
 :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Stop posting the stuffed animals, Mrs Stidds is telling me off for laughing out loud and disturbing her.

waza04

what a cock end...............  :D

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
Were those animals used :4_17_5: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Check out the piece I did for the world cup, I could only get one, but I gave it an English hairdo,

This was for blackpool council, but there was a problem

And for the popes visit

And this was for wardy, but he didn't want it
ding dong

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Im going out to buy a Rooster Big Daddy, in 25 years time I'm gonna unveil my NOS in the box Rooster and all the kids born in the 2000's are gonna cream all over the place, then I'm gonna slap it on ebay and laugh at the bids coming in

curtispro

This thread is one of the best I have read since I've been a member on here, just about sums it all up  ;D

Fookin class  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Do standards slip as you get older or are you just a cheap bastard?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx