gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975660 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6351 Members - Latest Member: Spencerkidd July 14, 2024, 12:57 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Depressed myself at Winsford on Sat
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Depressed myself at Winsford on Sat  (Read 1458 times)

sam hudson

Depressed myself at Winsford on Sat
« on: June 20, 2011, 02:10 PM »

Been to Winsford track a couple of times previous and thought that the doubles on the second straight were a bit too long to jump until I went on the Clark & Kent website and saw them being made mincemeat of:

http://www.clarkkentcontractors.com/winsford

So I thought, "right i'll get down there and get over them"...spent two hours trying not to think of Christpher Reeve breaking his neck which didn't work and bottled it right left and centre and went home furious with myself for not doing it :-[ Dohhh!!!!

They look so small on that video...but I just couldn't stop thinking how much it will hurt if I case the last one and flip out.  :idiot2:

There was also no-one around at 9am to phone the Ambulance  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Re: Depressed myself at Winsford on Sat
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 02:19 PM »
Clark and Kent built our track and we have the big double and little double. The big double is way outta my league but the little double I case it overtime as its just after a sweet table top that you can get some nice air over and the double is just way too close to it to readjust ready to jump again. I can just about manual through it now. Just keep hacking at it. It'll come oh and I have to agree about having none around to call an ambulance. I fear coming off in the morning and lying there till the school kids come over at four o clock

sam hudson

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 02:53 PM »
Cheers Jaymz, I get some good speed from jumping the second bit of the triple but I always feel a bit out of line heading to the big double...I never think I'm going fast enough. If it was on the first straight I would be just as terrified but at least I would know that I had the speed.

What i need is an eleven year old to show me how to do it!! :2funny:

Offline oldschoolib

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 08:36 PM »
going winsford sunday as something on at crewe first time see how we go  :uglystupid2:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 08:35 AM »
clark n kents tracks, altho awesome, tend to have severely steep landings, no shame in winding yourself up to jumping them dude, the distance is never the problem if you have speed, its the size of the landing area that fooks ya up n the steeper the smaller. if its your local track yul eventually get em but theres no point spannering yourself jumpin them too soon  :daumenhoch:

sam hudson

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 03:51 PM »
clark n kents tracks, altho awesome, tend to have severely steep landings, ... its the size of the landing area that fooks ya up n the steeper the smaller.

Too true, if you don't hit it exactly right its goodnight head...It is a steep back face and no-one there to see you bleed - not even from the road! :'( I'm too old !!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Depressed myself at Winsford on Sat

gfxgfx
gfx gfx