gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975653 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6351 Members - Latest Member: Spencerkidd July 07, 2024, 09:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Menstrual build .... almost
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Menstrual build .... almost  (Read 5874 times)

SaMAlex

Menstrual build .... almost
« on: June 09, 2011, 09:46 AM »
Ive had this frame for a while but Ive been working on a few things for it. Now its just about ready to start putting together. Ive only got 2 builds left, so it'll be nice to get this done.

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Menstrual build .... almost
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 09:58 AM »
Cant wait to see that done mate!

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 10:38 AM »
Same as, that's going to be killer when it's done  :daumenhoch:
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

nosepickben

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 03:15 PM »
Oh very nice, what are we to expect from this build then alex?? A sprinkling of clean used parts or are you going freshly painted and gleaming??  It'd be worth doing the latter if funds will stretch, she's a rare girl and should be pampered accordingly   :smitten:

thecaptain

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 04:53 PM »
awesome build! sweet menstrual stem  ::)

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 08:11 PM »
I'd put it together as it is, looks hardcore!

SaMAlex

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 08:55 PM »
Oh very nice, what are we to expect from this build then alex?? A sprinkling of clean used parts or are you going freshly painted and gleaming??  It'd be worth doing the latter if funds will stretch, she's a rare girl and should be pampered accordingly   :smitten:
I'd put it together as it is, looks hardcore!

I dont really get it ...... this IS being put together. This is IT, as you see it  :-[

I cant do "gleaming" very well. I have a guide of the sort of parts to use, from pictures of Keiths bikes but I'll use some PE hubbed wheels (cos Ive got them), PA cranks .... which have been re powder coated. Side pull BOA on the front and GT tread tires (one black wall, one amber wall)

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 09:05 PM »
Like it - only time I'd re-do frame paint etc is if the frame/forks are too far gone (had to do this with my SOB and '99 Metal Kizz). Just finished (10 minutes ago) my '95 STA kept the OG paint etc, an ta's to Alex had some survivor wheels to put on the bugger. Only thing extra I did to it (other than respoking/new bearings etc) was get some decals :)

If you're gonna ride a bike, leave it as is if it doesn't need welding or is covered in rust  :daumenhoch: Gives a bike a bit of history :)
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

SaMAlex

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 09:10 PM »
Ive had one of my bikes re-painted, a mk2 Holmes. It was chrome (i hate chrome) and everyone knows Holmes's should be Yellow. Its probably the cleanest bike I own.

I'm going to get my mk1 dirtbike repained black but its SUCH a mess i cant build it as is. Im going to try and make it look tidy but I dont know how well I'll do. Esp as I want to use the first ever LHD wheel on it, and thats in a right state.

nosepickben

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 11:28 PM »
Like it - only time I'd re-do frame paint etc is if the frame/forks are too far gone (had to do this with my SOB and '99 Metal Kizz). Just finished (10 minutes ago) my '95 STA kept the OG paint etc, an ta's to Alex had some survivor wheels to put on the bugger. Only thing extra I did to it (other than respoking/new bearings etc) was get some decals :)

If you're gonna ride a bike, leave it as is if it doesn't need welding or is covered in rust  :daumenhoch: Gives a bike a bit of history :)

Yeah I hear what you are saying, but i like to build something that's as near as possible "new", obviously it's just not possible all the time. Then I have the pleasure of riding a clean bike from scratch and putting my own wear and tear and filth on it. I don't have a problem with bikes looking well ridden, like you say, it's what they are for; but some pictures of your steeds in "fresh" states keep the heart a'glowing.  :smitten:

nosepickben

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 11:31 PM »
Anyway, good luck with her alex. Your builds are always interesting. If I see you with the menstrual and riding it, i'll be sure to offer you a cursory sum of money to do a sketchy jump in the hope you will pull it then immediately 360 it as well. "5 bucks here......."

nomad

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 03:25 PM »
This should be a awesome build, I totally agree with keeping them orginal too, my STA looks like a used 90s bike, which is what it is after all lol

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 03:31 PM »
cool build :daumenhoch:

condor96

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 06:13 PM »
paint it up, make it shine.  i have still yet to see a nice looking menstrual built.   im on the lookout for one for keith if anybody has one to sell to the man that made these bikes exist  :daumenhoch:

thecaptain

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 07:34 PM »
paint it up, make it shine.  i have still yet to see a nice looking menstrual built.   im on the lookout for one for keith if anybody has one to sell to the man that made these bikes exist  :daumenhoch:
theres one for sale over on bmxmuseum!

SaMAlex

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 12:36 AM »
If I see you with the menstrual and riding it, i'll be sure to offer you a cursory sum of money to do a sketchy jump in the hope you will pull it then immediately 360 it as well. "5 bucks here......."

Haha, I aint no "Mad-man Tra-nor"
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 08:39 PM by S&MAlex »

SaMAlex

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 08:41 PM »
I just saw this posted up on someones facebook. Quite nice Complete Menstrual, tidy but unused for a good while. Flat tires, no seat ....... 24 bids,  $919!!  :shocked:

http://cgi.ebay.com/OLD-SCHOOL-BMX-S-M-MENSTRUAL-CYCLE-W-REDLINE-PROFILE-X-/170657768562?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bbfee472
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 08:45 PM by S&MAlex »

SaMAlex

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 09:18 AM »
Its taking shape. Slam bars, Primo post, GT seat & Clamp, Boa front brake, Profile chainring and Prince Albert Cranks.
The left crank arm has been re-welded at the BB end and it was a BITCH to get on the spindle!

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2011, 09:51 AM »
I really like that Alex   :4_17_5: mid school bikes had so much character with the different frame designs & stuff  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2011, 10:33 AM »
Top stuff - looks tasty. Nice black Dancing Mans as well  :daumenhoch: Love the raw look of it - years before it's time (everyone wanted raw in 1999).
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

SaMAlex

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2011, 10:43 AM »

Its all about the raw Menstrual! Im kinda using this pic as a guide for the build

thecaptain

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2011, 02:09 PM »
is keith wearing a skirt?

SaMAlex

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2011, 02:16 PM »
is keith wearing a skirt?

You ask him ..... I'll stand back and watch what happens!  :LolLolLolLol:

nosepickben

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2011, 08:59 PM »
She'll be a beauty.   8)

LENNY-LENTINI

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2011, 11:00 AM »
Nice rare frame Top Man.

I reckon you should do it in yellow tape. Sounds weird but can turn out not to bad.

Takes about 2 Hours and costs about £1.89. Then you can win 5 bucks for jumping from the ramp halfpipe into the small ramp just like Keith the Mad-Man Treanor

Keep the faith. L

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Menstrual build .... almost

gfxgfx
gfx gfx