gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 07:08 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  87 MONGOOSE DECADE - COLOUR ?????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 87 MONGOOSE DECADE - COLOUR ?????  (Read 2647 times)

scotty b

87 MONGOOSE DECADE - COLOUR ?????
« on: June 02, 2011, 01:32 PM »
I've managed to get hold of a 87 mongoose decade, does anyone know the RAL colour for the malibu mint............ i'm gonna end up stripping the bike as in need of some serious TLC. but i absoluteley love the mint green colour

can anyone help???

???

1mancity2

Re: 87 MONGOOSE DECADE - COLOUR ?????
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 11:29 PM »
There is no Ral colour to match it bud, I looked all through the charts Ral, Bs, Pantone and tbh nothing was close its a green/blue, I ended up doing mine yellow Ral 1021 and it looked bling..

super mat

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 11:22 PM »
i think mine was originally malibu mint.but went for the laguna blue version in the end.ral5015 is a close match.

Threaders

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 08:57 AM »
Hi Mate. If you go on the ral coulor chart 5015 looks blue to me. I have just bought a decade and the seller tells me it was done in susuki peppermint green.
What colour is yours?? Might do a trade as i want to strip mine and do it blue. Ill send some pics when it arrives. I will have forks bars frame and seatpost all in peppermint green :)

scotty b

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 04:01 AM »
Hi Mate. If you go on the ral coulor chart 5015 looks blue to me. I have just bought a decade and the seller tells me it was done in susuki peppermint green.
What colour is yours?? Might do a trade as i want to strip mine and do it blue. Ill send some pics when it arrives. I will have forks bars frame and seatpost all in peppermint green :)

I think I know the lad you bought it off, Adam (modpimp on ebay), he's from solihull ????

Threaders

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 05:59 PM »
Yep. I now have a peppermint green decade frame forks and bars and it was of modpimp. Paid 160 all up including postage, which some have said was a bit on the pricey side. I have to say also, that I plan on having it re powdered in blue ral 5015, which I know might upset some but to me, that peppermint green reminds ma of those Lada cars you saw back in the day, which old people could stand up and ride in. ;D
This is what I got:

This is a build which I plan to finish on my birthday in Oct, so wont be powdering just yet. Might be interested in a trade if you really want the green :)

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 06:03 PM »
I'd re-powder :) It's already been repowdered anyhow as it's not the OG paint :)
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  87 MONGOOSE DECADE - COLOUR ?????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx