gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975769 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 06, 2024, 03:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  How Many Bike Shops
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How Many Bike Shops  (Read 570 times)

oldskooldayz

How Many Bike Shops
« on: May 29, 2011, 12:47 AM »
Is it just me or are there just loads and loads of new bike shops popping up all over the place lately
I don't even mean the chains like cycle surgery or evans but independent shops and a few even with old skool bikes in the window For good mesure.
I have noticed 6 new shops in and around a 3 mile radius of my place and a load more on my travels
It seems that the cycle has come back with a punch big time and is growing more and more each month, I do however wonder if we will see a major decline again in the next 5-10 years like back in the mid nineties and find bikes left abandoned on railings and front gardens rusting away waiting for like minded people like ourselves to come along in years to come and restore them to former glory

Does the cycle have a cycle of it's very own ?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 12:50 AM by oldskooldayz »

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
Re: How Many Bike Shops
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 09:43 AM »
the reason more bike shops are popping up is because more and more people are abandoning their cars to cycle to work due to fuel costs etc...

also with the goverments ride to work scheme more and more people can afford a decent bike with not really noticing they are paying for it as its deducted from their wages before tax and n.i

i do a 20 mile round trip to work each day and a couple of years ago i didnt really see anyone cycling at 4.30-5am, now on i see about 7-8 cyclists

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 05:10 PM »
the reason more bike shops are popping up is because more and more people are abandoning their cars to cycle to work due to fuel costs etc...

also with the goverments ride to work scheme more and more people can afford a decent bike with not really noticing they are paying for it as its deducted from their wages before tax and n.i

i do a 20 mile round trip to work each day and a couple of years ago i didnt really see anyone cycling at 4.30-5am, now on i see about 7-8 cyclists

yep bike scheme has helped that and the olympics`s as bike awareness is out there now .
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 09:49 PM »
More Real bike shops can only be a good thing for the new buyers as opposed to buying from Halfords, Argos ,Toy R us etc ..
Hopefully offering good advice , a good bike , good deal and good servicing  :angel:

oldskooldayz

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 01:56 AM »
yep the bike scheme has defo helped with the reincarnation of the bike for sure and a great incentive to get people out of cars and into shape, even though i hate cyclist around london  :LolLolLolLol:

i must say some of the bikes shops ive seen are great and really helpful with the right attitude and approach towards customers and not just trying to sell them a lump of metal on wheels

its always refreshing to be sold something by a user and not a droid  :daumenhoch:

im just wondering if the next resto craze will be the mountain bike as road/racers and bmx are now, and even further along the line will it then be the electric pedal bike and so forth

« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 02:05 AM by oldskooldayz »

ozone

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 07:46 AM »

im just wondering if the next resto craze will be the mountain bike as road/racers and bmx are now, and even further along the line will it then be the electric pedal bike and so forth

80s and 90s MTBs already have a big following.  Some of the rare stuff goes for silly money and they're just as @nal as OSBMX fans too.   :)

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  How Many Bike Shops

gfxgfx
gfx gfx