gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 07:11 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  shpping from the states...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: shpping from the states...  (Read 319 times)

rakas17

shpping from the states...
« on: April 30, 2011, 01:47 PM »
I'm watching a bike on ebay that is US shipping only. i messaged him and he said he'd send it as long as i paid the full cost.

anyone know any good ways of getting a whole bike over?

cheers boys. :daumenhoch:

joe

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: shpping from the states...
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 03:19 PM »
My Master came over by USPS with a tracking number, get ready to bend over and take an import tax rodgering though!  :daumenhoch:

zombie_jesus

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 03:37 PM »
i paid uk103 in extra taxes on a bike that only cost me uk190. shipping was us151.  :(

StellaAtoiz

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 05:35 PM »
I have only had a F+F sent over from the States, again this was using USPS who charged $67.00, but as said, that was for a F+F only.

I have however heard of some horror stories unfortunately as mentioned above, ask the seller to mark all documents that the bike is a gift and its value is sub £30.00 in value....although of course, Customs arn't silly :(

This unfortunately is another example of how we get shafted in the country by import duty, last week I posted a £300.00 F+F to a chap in Australia, I was concerned about him being hit his end with import duty as the terms and conditions of carriage stated that if the recipient does not pay the duty, it would be returned to the sender (me) with all assosiated costs to be paid by the sender (me) :shocked:

The buyer quickly responded by confirming that in Australia they are allowed to bring in $1000.00 Austalian Dollars worth of product (about £500.00) before any import duty comes into play >:(

Good luck with it but from what I understand, its a bit of a lottery if you get caught or not :-\

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  shpping from the states...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx