gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 05:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Aero Reflex - Views?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Aero Reflex - Views?  (Read 1923 times)

punkdSICO

Aero Reflex - Views?
« on: April 29, 2011, 11:15 AM »
Hi all - looking to get my first bike in quite a few years.  I have seen a Aero Reflex frame in new condition for sale but, its not a frame im familier with.  I think it looks great (looking for a Haro Freestyler-esque bike), but is it a good frame?  Nice and light?

thanks for any replies,

Paul

simo27

Re: Aero Reflex - Views?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 11:20 AM »
Think they were a decent frame, I am going to get one myself at some point, I think they look good as well.

sweetbeats

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 11:25 AM »
Not really had any real affection for a reflex now or then and never ridden one.
However a good mate of mine had one a few years ago as a newbie and he said as a budget frame it is well made,clean welding etc etc
There has been some great newbie reflex builds on here in the last 12 months in some rad custom colours and decals that have been pretty cool so maybe have a fish around through the site and pm some of the reflex owners.

Enjoy  :daumenhoch:

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 11:50 AM »
Hi all - looking to get my first bike in quite a few years. 

thanks for any replies,

Paul

Why wait quite a few years, why don't you get one now? :LolLolLolLol:
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

punkdSICO

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 11:56 AM »
Yeah, I wish I had got back into it sooner.  And yes, I wish I could get one now - im DESPARATE!!   :)

Paul

sweetbeats

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 12:13 PM »
Yeah, I wish I had got back into it sooner.  And yes, I wish I could get one now - im DESPARATE!!   :)

Paul

Get one NOS from here http://www.retrospectbmx.com/frames.html
 :daumenhoch:

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 12:36 PM »
Great frame but if you have big feet leave them alone as a rider as your feet catch the pegs. I have size 10 feet an they catch quite a lot.  :daumenhoch:

bert4142

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 12:39 PM »
They are superb quality and great value for money. You wont go far wrong with one  :daumenhoch:

I have had a couple when i got back into bmx and i bought the  last one for my daughter and am currently building it for her.

Pics will go up once its finished.

m5 paul

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 12:46 PM »
I too am after a Reflex F&F at some point. I always go by what "I" like. I like the proportions and shape of the frame and built up on skyways always looks stunning to me.

madferret

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 01:52 PM »
good frame and for the price exallent ,most are in spot on condition iv only just sold mine and bought a redline which is crap wish i would have kept the reflex but as brett says if you have monster feet then the back frame standers may be a problem im size seven and never had any issues with them

Offline boofy44

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 01:57 PM »
£200 on retrospect. :wtf:.they were 35 quid not too long ago.

Clean

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 02:11 PM »
Built my first old schooler a few weeks ago and it is a Reflex. See pics here:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=124353.0

I have ridden it at Skate City, Blackpool, and was very pleased with it; light and strong, and bounced away harmlessly when I arse slid the big roll 15' roll on.  :daumenhoch:

I also puffed it around the Boleshill Track in Sheffield last week and it wasn't so competent; a little short in to tube for track work.

You can't go far wrong with one of these as your (re)entry to OSBMX!  ;)

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 02:41 PM »
lovely frame set, the chrome finish is spot on, its just the frame standers which are a problem, get a dremmel on them..sorted :daumenhoch:

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 07:05 PM »
very much underated f+f set and good value for money an excelent cheap start to the inevitable decline back into wallet bashing.....................sorry collecting  :LolLolLolLol: , one good thing about em is like clean has done there cheap enough to build a rider out of,       which is what its all about  :daumenhoch:

monkian

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 07:26 PM »
Can't fault the build quality and the forks are awesome 8) :daumenhoch:

punkdSICO

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2011, 03:03 PM »
Bugger!!  You guys had convinced me to go for the Reflex.  I could have paid £100 for it last night but then noticed it was also on eBay with a then price of £60.  Decided to wait and try and save probably a lousy £20 or something.  Plus, I was going out at 10 and the buy was not home until 8pm so time was bit of an issue.  Just expired at £135 – Ahhh!!!

Still searching…
  :'(
Paul

Offline TORKER mick

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2011, 03:31 PM »
put a wanted ad up for one. :daumenhoch:

punkdSICO

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2011, 03:46 PM »
put a wanted ad up for one. :daumenhoch:
Hi - yeah, I have a wanted ad up at the mo.  To be honest, the Reflex would not be my #1 choice but it still looked lovely.  I really looking for some old/mid school freestyle magic, with twiin top tube, ideally Haro and white.

Still got my son's Haro Zippo for messing around on..

Paul

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Aero Reflex - Views?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx