gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 04:35 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  more powdercoating issues DESPERATE CRY FOR HELP....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: more powdercoating issues DESPERATE CRY FOR HELP....  (Read 732 times)

d14vd_h

more powdercoating issues DESPERATE CRY FOR HELP....
« on: May 11, 2006, 11:45 PM »
Ok so i took the team to the powdercoater in glasgoe who was most helpful on the phone and was the only one advertising he did cycle frames and was recommended here

im getting the frame , forks, bars, brake calipers, seatclamp, and chain guard done,
he's charging 85 for the lot
he said it would be 65 but the two tone team means its more!
firstly am i being ripped?

secondly he says he doesnt have RAL 5005 but can do something very very similar that will match perfectly
do i trust this or should i insist on RAL 5005 , if so generally can they get the colour in easily with no charge?

any help you can give me asap would be much appreciated
as its in his yard now and if i need to stop it nows the time!

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: more powdercoating issues DESPERATE CRY FOR HELP....
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 08:07 AM »
stove enameling not powder coat i hope

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: more powdercoating issues DESPERATE CRY FOR HELP....
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 09:06 AM »
At £85 I'd say you're not being ripped for two colour and the stuff you are having done - not the cheapest, but not ripped.

With regard to colour, this is where you have the problem. Anything other than the colour you want is not the colour you want (if you get my meaning). Sure it may look good, but if you stand it next to a bike with the right colour, you might be disappointed. If you insist on having RAL 5005, your man can get it, I'm sure it'll be no problem, but you'll probably find the price goes up (and by quite a bit). This is because he'll have to order a box of powder he may never use again (unlikely that it'll never be used again, but that's business for you).

At the end of the day we all come up against these issues every now and then. Did he show you the colour he's going to do instead of RAL 5005?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  more powdercoating issues DESPERATE CRY FOR HELP....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx