gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 09:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Mystery Machine update just about rollin' more pics than wurdz
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Mystery Machine update just about rollin' more pics than wurdz  (Read 1248 times)

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
the £50 budget build moves on a bit more,  crank set sorted although   :-\   ? 

found these up for grabs so thought i'd give em go, french Nervar single speed, during the initial search to try to id the f+f i found a set of forks on a French forum that were the same as the Mystery Machine , turned to be a dead end for now, still working on the French Connection  ;D  so figured they might not be out of place , if i can make em fit that is ?

dont look to bad, autosol and toothbrush to get all the crap of

the logo is screen printed on so it'll be gone after the cleaning , some of the nervar sets have a stamped logo, shame this hasn't   :'(

usual score then Autosol, Peek , five mins on the bufferoo    hp so far   :daumenhoch:

had an incomplete euro bb in the spares box , found a seat but the thread was stripped so of to one of the LBS, funny because soon as you say old BMX they get a blank look on there face and say no we cant help, so after convincing them i'm not realy as nuts as i appear to be, i came away with some freebies  :daumenhoch: result ,   new nylon seat and  some caps , turns out purely by chance the bb is the right size spindle too 122mm another result

nylon  :-\   but free so its on  :daumenhoch: placcy caps dont look to bad

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
Re: Mystery Machine update just about rollin' more pics than wurdz
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 12:44 PM »
wanted to keep the chinring on the outside as looks better but can't get the chain alighnment so its gone on the inside,  non bmx parts  :tickedoff:   :LolLolLolLol:   

so MX1000 fitted, cranks fitted , i think the seat is going to get the Bendycat treatment and get dyed black  :-\ , you only have to think about dirt and it changes to a grubby colour,  :LolLolLolLol:   had planned on white grips and brake cable too but  :-\ 

budget so far then   Â£14 for the crankset marginal on price but i think it looks alright, 42 tooth ring so ok for cruising about on chrome bars now on and black DK grips of another bike, chain ,again out the spares box so all within the build constraints.

Outlay from previous threads £15 + £14  total £ 29 so far   :LolLolLolLol: 

Pedals next got three sets to choose from all out the spares box, VP DX type, VP square shin munchers, :LolLolLolLol:  or the old rat traps that were on the f+f when i got it , leaning towards the DX type?   might give em  the polish treatment  :-\  wdyt?

« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 01:15 PM by oldtired »

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 01:45 PM »
lookin the part that for next to nowt  :daumenhoch:.

i'd go with the dx type first.
dave the bmxing gypo

griff

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 01:47 PM »
bargain! think that looks really classy too  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 03:07 PM »
wow, youve done a great job, very interested by the crank set up, been thinking about using a fixie crank as they seem to go for peanuts on the bay, much cheaper than the bmx equivelent. Was the frames BB euro to start with or have you used an adapter

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 03:18 PM »
yup euro size to start ,  was a bit unsure about the crankset ,   typical there's  a bmx one in the for sale thread thats just gone     :tickedoff:  , never any about if you bung up a wanted add though?   :LolLolLolLol:    should be looking in there instead of posting up rubbish like this  :LolLolLolLol:

most of the road bike ones, now known as fixxie ones will be a right twat to fit on a euro bb, as there made for the road bike type chain alighnment although they do seem to line up better on a US bb if you've got the right size spindle , in retrospect,  tbh although its gone on ok i might be using a bit more of the budget to swap it for a BMX type set,  :-\  i'll leave alone for a bit and see what i think in a week or so  , always looks different if you bung em away for a bit  very shiney though  :daumenhoch:  :LolLolLolLol:

« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 03:52 PM by oldtired »

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 04:18 PM »
Well its a good job, I like it. the green with amberwalls is just wow, really works, its got a kind of john deere thing going on  :coolsmiley:  really cool, when your done i'll give you £50 for it!!  :crazy2:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Mystery Machine update just about rollin' more pics than wurdz

gfxgfx
gfx gfx