gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 05:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  BOLEHILLS Sheffield.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BOLEHILLS Sheffield.  (Read 1911 times)

nosepickben

BOLEHILLS Sheffield.
« on: March 25, 2011, 08:55 PM »
The place i became a man, visited it today for first time this year and i've gotta say i was disappointed to see what a lot of effort has gone into making some new stuff that is no better than what laid before. The bumpy sections remain, loads of barely jumpable (too steep) small stuff and they have made the track completely unviable for racing by building an extra jump/berm/jump that takes up the finish line run-off area, thus as you complete a lap you are pointing straight back up the start hill. 2 of my favourite sections have had the end-jump bolloxxed. the smaller stuff that was ok for young kids to ride has been made into pointless over complicated and in some cases unrideable terrain. Really wiped the smile off my face, shame. :angrysoapbox:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
Re: BOLEHILLS Sheffield.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 12:46 AM »
I'll have to go and have a look Ben - we're supposed to be meeting the Old Fools there in a few weeks, so what's been happening there then - has someone been trying to maintain it or have the council give someone £20 to go fix it ???

Spen :daumenhoch:
Still limping......

hudu

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 09:11 PM »
There was a dig day up there today..on tomorrow too.

I'm way too far away, work-killed and a daddy to get over to help out this weekend - but it seems to me they just need some guidance and experience. It was a SDS decision to do away with the hassle of keeping it as a race track once a year when 99.9% of its use is for just hucking and smoothing about.

Its good that people are still digging, but they are young and green. Good will come.

You need to go look at this mate....

http://bolehills.com/

...and particularly this recent addition...

http://bolehills.com/?page_id=2  :)

I miss the hills. We should hook up and have a session up there.

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 08:41 AM »
Had some great times up there riding AND digging, lets hope it progresses in a good way

Dingo

Hootski70

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 09:13 AM »
If there is ever any need for heavy plant machinery i.e. diggers/wackers etc i could try and swing it withspeedy hire as i hire a lot of plant through them . :daumenhoch:

nosepickben

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 09:11 AM »
Oh, forgot to mention, the gate at the bottom is always locked, a post has been put in t stop you driving round it (bastards) so you'll have to walk up the hill to get to it, dont forget your drinks + tools from the car! If anyone wants to go there + discuss, let me know! I'm always up 4 a ride and a moan.
The key holder said he'd get me a key to the lock 18months ago, not heard from him since and no reply to my emails.....
I've been a local there for 27 years, the place ruined my schooling but i still love it.

nosepickben

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 04:18 PM »
I'll have to go and have a look Ben - we're supposed to be meeting the Old Fools there in a few weeks, so what's been happening there then - has someone been trying to maintain it or have the council give someone £20 to go fix it ???

Spen :daumenhoch:
Yeah i hear the fools mabye in town soon, apparently a "chris hardy" was trying to track me down to tag along.... You know where i am chris mate, i aint changed my address or number in years, Spen, Keep me posted.

Also nice to read hudu's little piece on the bolehills, tear to the eye stuff that man, if the new breed balls it up, then all we need is hootski's machinery, a lighting rig, me, thee + roger b, + we'll do a revamp one nite HA HA!!!!

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 10:21 PM »
i'd be up for a roll and moan never been there before always fancied a trip over  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  BOLEHILLS Sheffield.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx