gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 03:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  My latest project. Stratton.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My latest project. Stratton.  (Read 23533 times)

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: My latest project. Stratton.
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2012, 02:32 PM »

Nice work  ;)

Mamba

« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2012, 01:25 PM »
Cheers guys, much appreciated.  8)

DEUCECOUPE

« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2012, 11:45 PM »
OMG only just seen this thread,and what a fantastic read and great pics and results,i also am a fan of the low end bikes,had my first in1984 :LolLolLolLol:,anyways a couple of years ago,for a starting bid of £1 i won a stratton the same as yours,except with spoke wheels,and yes i would say yours is original apart from formentioned decals,i will get round to fully restoring it soon,your resto has inspired me,will put some pics up of mine when i can,looking forward toseing your decals :)

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2012, 12:57 AM »
Who said you cant polish a turd...?!!!!!  :D

Great work mate, what a transformation!  :)  :daumenhoch:

Will you be able to get the decals from Del...?

ratty67vw

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2012, 03:37 AM »
nice work it is cool to see some low end bmxs restored .  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

DEUCECOUPE

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2012, 09:30 PM »
here is the pics of my survivor,which i want to restore ,please let me know how you get on with decals  :)

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu96/retrostation-2007/2012-05-01163219.jpg

deeman

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2012, 07:25 PM »
just seen this,fantastic thread and top work!the wheels/tyres look ace! :daumenhoch:
I have a generic stem wedge kicking about if you still need one,pm me your addy and its yours!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 07:27 PM by deeman »

Mamba

« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2012, 12:00 AM »
Cheers guys, much appreciated.  8)
Sorry i've not been able to respond 'til now, my PC died so i've had to borrow my Sisters Laptop every now and again.

DeuceCoupe:
I'm very glad to see one in much better condition than mine, luv the idea you're going to properly restore it with it's original paint job too. Looking forward to seeing the pics of how you get on.

Deeman:
Thanks mate, I would definitely take you up on that kind offer, will PM you my addy and see you right for the cost.

Now ...... about the decals .......... ;)

Del was recommended to me in a previous post to sort me out with decals for my rebuild. Now, I was told that Del was very good ... NOW, this is not the case at all, Del is not very good he is a consumate Artist. A digital age Michaelangelo!! Calling him "very good" is a definite slight to his abilities; the attention to detail and sheer craftsmanship this man is capable of is unbelievable!! Now, my BMX is a low budget build and in all honesty Del had very little to work with. He had splinters and fragments of the lower tube decals and very poor other decals and yet he was able to make a perfect set with so very little to work with.
Words can't express how much of a task he had to achieve. I will get some pics up to show you  what he had to deal with, he stuck a collection of shards down to a piece of card and still came up with the goods!! They are perfect! What really put the lid on was he did a set of his own small advertising decal for Dels Decals in the same color as my Fork and lower tube "Stratton" decals. That too will be going on for sure.

To say i'm even over the moon is a VAST understatement.

At the risk of sounding a little emotional, this BMX was one I remember riding as a very small child. With my Grandfather's passing away last year I found it in his garage. It was in a sorry condition, but with a little advice and encouragement on here and with Del's help with the decals it is very very near being complete and a good reminder of my childhood and good memories too.

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2012, 12:53 PM »
Good to hear, look forward to seeing it...

When did you last have contact with Del...?!  ???

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2012, 02:45 PM »
yesterday

Oh and I'll send you the fiver in the post Tony  ;)  Thanks for those kind words  :daumenhoch:

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2012, 02:58 PM »
 ???

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2012, 03:04 PM »
Great looking resto work here fella  :daumenhoch:
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Mamba

« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2012, 05:22 PM »
Cheers mate! 8)

I'm very happy with her, especially now it has it's decals on! The decals are perfect, they really look the part. The lower frame tube I haven't put on exactly as it was (I swear it was done on purpose!! :LolLolLolLol: I've moved it up towards the neck an inch or so as I think it just looks better that way. The down side is I haven't a Camera that works to show the pics!!  >:( Sods law up and running. Will have to get something borrowed as I REALLY want to get the pics up on here to show how good a job Del has done in particular!!

nosepickben

« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2012, 09:54 PM »
What happened to this bike then..??
The world needs at least one stratton doesn't it. ???

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  My latest project. Stratton.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx