gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 03:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  New track and club for Hackney, London
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New track and club for Hackney, London  (Read 955 times)

HackneyBMX

New track and club for Hackney, London
« on: February 09, 2011, 09:07 PM »
Hi guys,

I Thought you would like to know about the upcoming new track, currently due for construction soon, at Haggerston Park, Hackney, east London.

This forms part of the 'BMX Olympic Legacy' and is one of FIVE new tracks being built in the Olympic host boroughs with the aid of Access Sport, a charity that promotes healthy living through sport. I believe that this has previously been publicised elsewhere on this message board in regards to attracting volunteers.

The track itself is a redevelopment on the same site of the original track at Haggerston Park, and the design chosen is a pump track design. We hope that the new track will draw sufficient interest to warrant the formation of a new club, and so are trying to generate interest in this project ahead of the actual completion of the new track. Of course, we welcome volunteers also who are interested in running a successful track and club. Hopefully, with enough interest, the track will be popular enough to get it into the race calendars. Certainly, along with the other tracks in the pipeline, it's hoped that it will form part of a London-based competition circuit.

There is a Facebook page (Hackney BMX Club) which we'd love you to join and share your thoughts and promote this new initiative.

I personally have come into this project purely as a volunteer, but with almost 30 years' as a BMX fan would love this initiative to progress the cause of BMX racing further within our Capital, and hopefully beyond!

Regards,
Stew

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  New track and club for Hackney, London

gfxgfx
gfx gfx