gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 04:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Odyssey Gyro 2 Upper Cable Length
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Odyssey Gyro 2 Upper Cable Length  (Read 772 times)

Offline bruggers100

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Odyssey Gyro 2 Upper Cable Length
« on: January 13, 2011, 09:17 AM »
Hi,

This maybe a stupid question but I have limited knowledge of gyros.  I am fitting the upper cable of my gyro 2 to tech 77 levers and it is impossible to connect it with the black plastic adjuster stopper still on the lever.  If I remove the black plastic stopper and run just the adjuster I can hook it up. this is not ideal as the adjuster can wind back itself back over time.

Am I right in thinking that the upper cable is  too short for the bars to gyro fit ?  I am running GT freestyle bars cut to 27 inch.

If it is too short, does anyone know the length of cable that comes as standard.  Is it 390mm, so I need to get 425mm length instead ? (not being lazy. I am at work, so I can't measure the cable at the moment). 

many thanks

BMX20

Re: Odyssey Gyro 2 Upper Cable Length
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 11:44 AM »
I had the same problem, with exactly the same combination of equipment, and came to the identical solution.  Don't worry about the plastic barrel adjuster lock ring on the Tech 77s, there are plenty of other places to adjust the brakes (preferably the brake itself with a Gyro), so just bin the plastic ring and then wind the adjuster tight. Even then it's a snug fit!

Gordy

Offline bruggers100

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Odyssey Gyro 2 Upper Cable Length
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 12:11 PM »
Nice to know I am not going mad !

Will use the current cable until it snaps.

cheers

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Odyssey Gyro 2 Upper Cable Length

gfxgfx
gfx gfx