gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 11:41 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Buying from the US !!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Buying from the US !!!!  (Read 645 times)

Offline tobytyke

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Buying from the US !!!!
« on: January 04, 2011, 01:20 AM »
I know there have probably been several post's regarding this subject...

Is USPS the preferred method for shipping a frame over from the states... & what is the cost on average ??

Also what needs to be stated on the box in order to try & evade customs  ;D  gift/goods etc...etc... value ....

Obviously if you get pinged for import tax then so be it, guess it's abit of pot luck

Thanks in advance

Lee  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 01:38 AM by tobytyke »

gt_lover

Re: Buying from the US !!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 02:21 AM »
u.s.p.s is the cheapest way to go. shouldn't cost more then a $100 total to ship f/f but the box has to be no bigger then i think 79" total all the way around (L,H,W) and make sure to spring the extra few bucks for insurance. and i always mark goods on my package, unless i really know the guy or its is a gift. i dont know if it makes a diffrence but i do it anyways :) hope that help you if not forget what i said  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 05:26 AM »
I always pay for stuff from the states with paypal, but use my credit card, this way it will be insured through your card, so you can mark it as gift, low value etc & your covered  8)

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 07:39 AM »
i buy everything from the states, $65 - $80 is average for f/f, almost everything over the $50 mark gets snagged by customs now, that n the shite exchange rate has sucked the fun right out of it  :(

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 10:07 AM »
I got a frame, forks and bars sent through USPS - got knobbed by customs for around £26 on a $90ish deal. Saying that though, I'd rather have the full value declared for piece of mind incase it goes walkabouts.

*edit* forgot to say, shipping including insurance was $75
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Manticore

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 01:37 PM »
Buying from the US is not fun. A 200 pound order from California was snagged by the customs. Since I don't have a car, I had to ride public to Covent Garden from New Cross. I even got to carry the package which was about 1 1/2 stones all the way home, because it was peak time, fantastic. Don't buy from the US unless someone can bring it over for you, that's my opinion.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 09:07 AM by Manticore »

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 01:41 PM »
Buying from the US is not fun. A 200 pound order from California was snagged by the customs. Since I don't have a car, I had to ride public to Covent Garden from New Cross. I even got to carry the package which was about 1 1/2 stones all the way home, because it was peak time, fantastic. Don't buy from the US unless someone can bring it over for you, that's my opinion.

Mine got delivered to my door - used to happen when I bought video games from Japan as well - ParcelForce will charge you a nice (sarcasm) £8 for the privilege as well ;)
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Threaders

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 02:27 PM »
I rang the customs the other week as I got some tuffs from the states. They told me the package has to be marked as a gift and the value has to be under 30 pounds.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Buying from the US !!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx