gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 05:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What year? worth a punt?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What year? worth a punt?  (Read 620 times)

Al Wyn

What year? worth a punt?
« on: December 18, 2010, 03:13 PM »
Guys a few quick questions what year is this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/gt-vertigo-bmx-bike-/290513781772?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item43a3f8840c is it potentially going to be any good for me (a forty year old old fart) to muck about on to see if i want to ride bmx again? and whats it worth? tia

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
Re: What year? worth a punt?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 04:16 PM »
Looks about a 99' - 02' and it might be a bit smaller than normal size, if it is the same as the one i sold years ago

are you looking for old school - some thing like 82'-88 ?
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 05:10 PM »
Dude if you wanna start riding again look at new school bikes

That GT will probably be quite short and will weigh a ton... POS... avoid!

Not worth the start price imo

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 06:49 PM »
Dude forget looking at GT's from the late nineties/early 00's nowhere near the brand they were bitd (very recent ones are ok)

Forget most brands from bitd

If your looking on ebay for summat to get back into riding have a look for a new school bike

Brands like

Fit
Wethepeople
Verde
Sunday
Subrosa
Colony

Have a look at rad shop, theres loads to choose from

Decide what you want to spend, how tall are you? theres top tubes in differant lengths

What sort of riding, race or freestyle?

Al Wyn

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 07:09 PM »
I didnt want to spend much on a new bike for myself if it turned out id `lost it` lol... ive actually bought my 9 year old lad his first bmx (an as good as new 2009 GT vertigo) for christmas and havent riden for over 24 years. Mainly would be freestyle, a bit of jumping about and possibly a trip to the local ramps/jumps... so its an allrounder im looking at to start with. Im only 6ft 2 so anythings gonna feel small compared to the old school bikes in reality. Ive actually got a frame and forks and a few odd spares and bits and bobs so i suppose i can make up a a sort of rider.

Hootski70

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 09:02 PM »
If i were you i would build up what you got ( as basic as posible ) and if you find you are short a few bits and bobs most of us on this great  forum will  have them lyrng around spare .  :daumenhoch:
The best part of getting back into BMX for me has been building a POS from spares and then slowly improving it , obviously meeting some great peeps on the way .

Al Wyn

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 12:22 AM »
(Smashy and Nicey) "Wise words mate"... basically ive done just that Hootski after some fiddling about i think (he says) i need a set of front calipers and giro cables and some grippy metal non plastic slippery pedals and im there (but it got dark and im hiding the bike from my son as his new one is in the shed with it. hopefully christmas day no snow or ice about and all my old freestyle moves will come flooding back i half an hour lol.

Al Wyn

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 05:06 PM »
Well still to complete my bike but had a couple of quick gos on my boys bike...well the bike seems soo low and small and rigid compared to my old bikes it was quite a shock. After 10 mins of rolling around i could only manage an endo and a tailwhip. Are these GTs a lot smaller than some other modern ish BMX s?

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 05:10 PM »
 :) You`re right-a few of the lower-end GTs are very short,18.5-19.5 inch toptubes.More for 8-10 year olds than adults :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What year? worth a punt?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx