gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 10:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  A Rotter
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A Rotter  (Read 3024 times)

eamonn

« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 12:05 AM by eamonn »

waza04

Re: A prick
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 09:35 PM »
im surprised there not £140 off biagio............ he's still  gonna have all his old school parts in another 30 years with his prices!  :LolLolLolLol:

simo27

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 10:04 PM »
Good grief, Ive heard he's expensive but this seems slightly high :shocked:

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 10:11 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NOS-BMX-DIA-COMPE-TECH-4-LEVERS-PR-BLUE-OLD-SCHOOL-NIP-/300500099586?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item45f733a202

£40 for tech 4 f@ck off

supply and demand.

not sure what gives you the right to call him a prick, although you are entitled to your opinion...

its his job, what he chooses to do to make a living.

do you tell eveyone who you deal with what you make from peddling your financial services?

didnt think so.

Problem here is, we all know how much they were 2,3,4 years ago and therefore we have a good idea of what his margins are. Why resent him? just dont use him...

let him get on with it, if people want to pay then let them.

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 10:15 PM »
No worse than the heavy seats and posts, which we used to throw away BiTD, going for silly money now  :-X

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 10:23 PM »
This is a prick

and here's 2

Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

eamonn

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 10:34 PM »
In Financial services the client knows what any adviser earns upfront - FACT

Unlike someone selling a pair of levers at x4 mark up

If you think hes fair good luck to you

Dont compare my occupation to him youre way off beam

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NOS-BMX-DIA-COMPE-TECH-4-LEVERS-PR-BLUE-OLD-SCHOOL-NIP-/300500099586?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item45f733a202

£40 for tech 4 f@ck off

supply and demand.

not sure what gives you the right to call him a prick, although you are entitled to your opinion...

its his job, what he chooses to do to make a living.

do you tell eveyone who you deal with what you make from peddling your financial services?

didnt think so.

Problem here is, we all know how much they were 2,3,4 years ago and therefore we have a good idea of what his margins are. Why resent him? just dont use him...

let him get on with it, if people want to pay then let them.

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 11:56 PM »
hmmmm.

i didnt say he was fair, i said he was in it to make a living.

think you missed my point altogether.

your thread title.

is it really necessary?

eamonn

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 12:05 AM »
A tad strong??

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: A Rotter
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 06:56 PM »
Recently i have seen a few red suntour seat clamps finish in the 70 region. Tech 4's in blue around the 30 mark and above. Things are getting more expensive but his prices do always seem to be the highest of the high. I don't see why it constantly get's brought up though because it isn't even really that shocking any more.

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 06:59 PM »
It's all relative  ::)

griff

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 08:11 PM »
^^ agree with JT - all about supply and demand, but personally I was determined that I wouldn't use that guy for my build and looks like I've managed it  :)
it's not like anyone has to sell to him either - personally if I had stuff to get rid of I'd rather it went to someone who was going to use it rather than restrict the market and drive up prices (bit like what they do with diamonds LOL) but if he pays what sellers want then that's their choice too eh?

one thing I wondered - as we all get older and people who remember 80s bikes first time round aren't into it anymore, do you think the market will peak at some point?
ie will today's mid & new school become the new 'old school', cos that's what kids today will have fond memories of?

slurp

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 08:22 PM »
Recently i have seen a few red suntour seat clamps finish in the 70 region. Tech 4's in blue around the 30 mark and above. Things are getting more expensive but his prices do always seem to be the highest of the high. I don't see why it constantly get's brought up though because it isn't even really that shocking any more.
[/b]

and thats what shocks me the most.

mani

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2010, 08:57 PM »
i think that people should realise that authentic stuff ie 80s stuff is on the up so shut up and live with it :-X

waza04

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 09:12 PM »
i think that people should realise that authentic stuff ie 80s stuff is on the up so shut up and live with it :-X
:LolLolLolLol:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 10:23 PM »
Wouldn't buy off him if he was the last person on earth. But some people seem happy to pay his prices so bang on, the scary thing is that the same people get the hump when they try and sell the same stuff at the over inflated prices and no one wants it.

gobshite

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2010, 01:31 AM »

one thing I wondered - as we all get older and people who remember 80s bikes first time round aren't into it anymore, do you think the market will peak at some point?
ie will today's mid & new school become the new 'old school', cos that's what kids today will have fond memories of?

no...

most of the "so called" bmx'ers on here only want have an interest in bmx inorder to reminisce,

they dumped bmx back in the day when it went out of fashion and completely forgot about it for 15-20 years,

theyre just collectors,

collecting stuff,

No real love for bmx,

no interest in the mid school,

no interest in the new school,

just looking back with rose tinted glasses trying to satiate their childhood desires by building the bikes they wanted back then,

the death of the old school was the best thing to happen to bmx IMO, it got rid of the hangers on and left a small group of genune riders that now for the most part own and run bmx, hoffman,moeller,morris,dawkins,etc,etc,
look at the biggest genuine bmx companies today and you'll see a mid school rider at the helm,

there were proportionally so few mid school riders that it stands to reason that we'll never see the idiocy and over hyped prices attached to the old school,

appreciation for the mid has been strong for a while now and even the iconic frames of the time Ie the holmes and dirtbike, STA,condor,etc still only go for very reachable and fair prices,

when i say "most on here", there are a small number of genuine bmx riders that stuck with it and i applaud them,
it just seems such a shame that because of the band-wagon jumpers its just not feasable to own a nice old school bike.

the day i see a £1000 holmes frame is the day i turn my back on the mid forever.

gobshite

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2010, 01:37 AM »
and as someone who's met and sold stuff to mr blaggo ten years ago the guy is imo definitely a fooking prick.

you only have to look at his behaviour at MK10 for proof of that.

he may well prey on the old school bmx scene "for a living"

but heroin dealers chose what they do "to make a living"

it doesnt fooking make it right does it.

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2010, 07:41 AM »
Another festive thread I'm lovin  ;D
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2010, 07:48 AM »
and as someone who's met and sold stuff to mr blaggo ten years ago the guy is imo definitely a fooking prick.

you only have to look at his behaviour at MK10 for proof of that.

he has a point though Ed

Dingo

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2010, 08:59 AM »

horseshit.

i expect more from you, and your first post on the subject is testement to you passion and brain power, but you tried to hard with this bit.

utter utter bollocks.

:D

Rodgy1970

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2010, 09:34 AM »
horseshit.
i expect more from you, and your first post on the subject is testement to you passion and brain power, but you tried to hard with this bit.
utter utter bollocks.:D

What is utter utter bollox is him saying he is forced to charge his prices due to taxes.   :-\

The way he conducts himself in business is appalling, for example, restocking fees.   >:(

The sooner he runs out of stock the better   :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2010, 09:43 AM »

The sooner he runs out of stock the better   :daumenhoch:

:daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  A Rotter

gfxgfx
gfx gfx