gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 19, 2024, 08:03 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  something as a rider
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: something as a rider  (Read 1244 times)

medved

something as a rider
« on: November 01, 2010, 01:11 PM »
i briefly rode at the end of last year in the south old skool series, just before it got shelved.

i got rid of the bike i had (as there was no class to race in) and i had little use for it at the time.   i want to get back into the old skool again and mess about and turn up for the odd race. trouble is i dont know much about old skool bikes and which ones will stand up to racing and which wont.

i see all the stuff on ebay that is either for putting on a wall or putting in the bin.  would anybody let me know what stuff regularly comes up that is not too pricey and can be ridden on modern track and what stuff to avoid.

not too fussed about tt length as i'm only 5'6" or whether its a freestyle or race bike, just something to get on the gate and fall off when the jumps come!

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: something as a rider
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 06:38 PM »
a mongoose californian or gt pro would be a safe bet.they both come up alot on ebay,arent too pricey and are proven old schoolers especially the gt pro
quadrophenia on here has a gt pro frame set for sale,send him pm
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  something as a rider

gfxgfx
gfx gfx