gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975722 Posts in 138932 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie August 21, 2024, 07:09 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  CW Racing 2010 Miranda Signature Model plus other bits
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CW Racing 2010 Miranda Signature Model plus other bits  (Read 10218 times)

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 04:18 PM by jamroll »

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: CW Miranda Signature Model
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 01:45 PM »
at the risk of upsetting people...

700 quid for a repopped frame and forks?

plus import duty?

nice, dont get me wrong, but a rip off all the same.

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 02:00 PM »
at the risk of upsetting people...

plus import duty?

nice, dont get me wrong, but a rip off all the same.
[/color]

JT, even though i put up the link I'd agree that they are cashin in, beautiful colors though.....

Offline boofy44

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 02:53 PM »
aye,they do look smart but at that price its a no from me.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: CW Racing 2010 Miranda Signature Model plus other bits
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 02:58 PM »
Not bad if you've money to burn , I'd rather buy old school for that kinda dosh .

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 02:58 PM »
what the hell is cosmi-chrome

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 03:03 PM »
I kinda liked the pics when they were released early on but at that price they're takin' the piss  ::)

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 03:28 PM »
I kinda liked the pics when they were released early on but at that price they're takin' the piss  ::)

i like them...but i got my business head on, and considered the commercials of this venture, and whilst i appreciate business's are there to make a profit, there is no justification for the prices, at all, other than to cash in on the old school scene, which for me, spoils it a bit.

i look at other repop stuff and dont see the same angle..yes, there were a few perceived quality issues with regards profiles cranks, but once people understood modern day manufacturing is different to how it was, i think people accepted them for what they were, and i dont think they were a mile off price wise...

the hutch stuff was the same, but these frame sets are stone cold expensive, and i think there will be a backlash on the price point...

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 03:55 PM »
what the hell is cosmi-chrome

My guess its the same as wot I'm doing on my current CW... Candy Powder directly over chrome...fooking lush  :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 03:58 PM »
CosmiChrome is a spray chroming system

http://www.cosmichrome.com/home.htm

Ya can even chrome wood!!

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 04:04 PM »
surely not as durable as chrome though.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 04:05 PM by kuwahero »

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 04:04 PM »
as much as i love cw the sad reality is that nos og cw frame sets are going for peanuts,last week i watched one on ebay,a z3000 model,the top of the range in 85 go for just £120,my nos zs was only £200,why would you pay £700 for a repop???ive got another one winging its way to me from the states as we speak,frame forks bars stem headset,all that and shipping for less than a third of the repops ???
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 04:15 PM by markyp »
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 04:10 PM »
I saw a cw (cant remember the model) sold by bmxaddicts on ebay.com go for under £200 sterling week before last aswell. That cosmi chrome does look the shit though.

Matt

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 04:18 PM »
I saw a cw (cant remember the model) sold by bmxaddicts on ebay.com go for under £200 sterling week before last aswell. That cosmi chrome does look the shit though.

Matt

Its juan who is BMX Addicts thats has also bought the rights to the CW Name....

Under 200 including postage on this ???
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390254816930&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2010, 05:44 PM »

plus import duty?

At least double what they should be!!

2 radsters got there chrome GHP's for £360 inc duty and post
and I think thats at the top end of what they are worth?

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 07:34 PM »
The GHP frame sets (Frame & Fork) came from Taiwan, the CW frame sets (Frame, Fork, Bars, Seatpost and Padset) are made in the USA . Both made in limited numbers.

£504 for the powdered kit, plus postage

Think Dailled Bikes (GHP) and S&M (CW Revcore) from a pricing point and it's about right for what you get. Unfortunately you don't get all the modern benefit, just an oldschool school frame set (GHP) or, in the case of the CW Revcore, a compromise.

The price of CW frame sets has always been low, not including Phaze 1. Revcore on the other hand aren't cheap, maybe it has something to do with one being awesome and one being awful.

Or something like that...

Anyway, how did S&M manage to do put out re issue Holmes kits for $400 ;)

plus import duty?

At least double what they should be!!

2 radsters got there chrome GHP's for £360 inc duty and post
and I think thats at the top end of what they are worth?
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 08:42 PM »
Good points  ::) but still a fook load of cash for a repro  :coolsmiley:

baldbmxer

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 11:25 PM »
Far to expensive for sure.

The GHP's didnt sell that well did they? I know Glen struggled to sell his 'NORS' one recently on eBay. If they were £360 why not buy a proper OS f&f? A GHP long in oringinal red paint sold today for around £365. I know what I would prefer and it may have been coming my way if my computer hadnt frozen and caused me to miss the end of the auction! Doh!

NORS - New Old Repop School

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 01:23 PM »

fookin rip off >:(

these should be CHEAPER than a normal ff kit for these reasons
1.design already exists,slight tweak, so r+d costs =nearly fook all
2.decal design already done costs =absolutely fook all
3. reset jig to weld  costs =nearly fook all

they are takin the piss >:(

would n,t buyone anyway even if they were a reasonable price :daumenhoch:

Offline DoubleD

• Cherry Picker
  • From Holland
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 07:42 PM »
indeed overprices shit
and   they all took a swing at jdb  whit his  repop things and now they are doing it them selves

its all about the cash   i presume

and the frame is hidious
for that cash u would by  i  zx or a phase1
or get myself a blond.......  :2funny:

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2010, 08:51 PM »
Well, I took a look at the site to see what all the fuss was about - so many Radsters have something (not too complimentary) to say about it's products.

The prices are mad expensive, probably because they are manufacturing in relatively low batch sizes. No matter that designs/ decals etc exist already.

As far as Mike Miranda's involvement with endorsing the product, I sincerely wish him all the best, but as a kid, here in the UK back in 83/4/5 living eating breathing BMX, Hollywood Mike Miranda meant one thing - and one thing only: HUTCH. I don't associate him with CW at all.

Does seem to be a bit of a "cash-in on the old school market" endeavour, but for all those making comments about prices, remember it's all about "you pay yer money & takes yer choice" as they say in my neck of the woods.

I'd altogether much rather hunt down an 80's original CW Frameset (..and have change leftover) knowing that I owned a real piece of the 80's. After all, isn't what this whole old school BMX lark is about?

Back to the site - lovely site, lovely products, but in my opinion, overpriced & I don't really see the point.

Global_Nomad

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2010, 11:33 AM »
Despite what you may think about us "cashing in", that is very far from reality. Those of you who actually have experience running your own bike manufacturing companies, by all means feel free to cast a stone. Those of you who don't are not aware of all the issues involved. Unlike other attempts, these frame sets are 100% US made, not mass produced in Taiwan. If you don't want to buy one, that's fine. We are trying to doing something different using the highest quality standards available today. Our primary aim was to bring CW Racing back with the respect it deserved - not to do some half ass attempt.

As far as "repo" goes. We went to great lengths to ensure that our products could not be passed off as originals from the 1980s. We don't repo. This is CW Racing making CW Racing products. There is a lot of explanation on the product pages and FAQ that explains it all.

We are doing small runs to cater for the old school market but our ultimate vision is much broader than that.

If you want to know more about CosmiChrome, you can find it on our FAQ page here:

http://www.cw-racing.com/pages/faq

dialledbikes

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2010, 12:03 PM »
these frame sets are 100% US made, not mass produced in Taiwan.

Credit to the man himself for coming online to defend his products.  I'm confused as to the relevance of the above comment though.  What's the purpose of that comment?  Is it to say, your frame is better because it is made by an American (if so, why)?  Or to say your frames are expensive because they cost more to produce in the US than they would in Taiwan?  Or to say US made frames are better than quality than Taiwanese frames (if so, why)?

For what it's worth, I think the new CW stuff looks great.  But can you confirm who these frames are targeted at?  I dig that they have modern geometry to make them more rideable, but 1" threaded fork, US BB and caliper brake mount means that nobody serious racing will ever consider one to race on.  I suppose people who wanna gain an advantage in old school races would consider it though.

b45t4rd

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2010, 12:05 PM »
Still struggle to see the point of repop frames personally.

If you want an old frame, as previously stated, Ebay is your friend.  >:D

If you want a US built frame you can race/use how about a custom race build from S&M, Standard or FBM?

If you are not a snob, how about Dialled or Deluxe?  :)

Global_Nomad

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2010, 12:11 PM »
Yes Mike, the cost to hand produce in the US is very prohibitive - especially the route we took and the quality of the finishes we are using. Greg Melms is welding all our frame sets.

We will be coming out with frame sets with new school features starting with the California Freestyle.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  CW Racing 2010 Miranda Signature Model plus other bits

gfxgfx
gfx gfx